Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Utter Disappointment.
By dullahan

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first brand new truck I bought. I previously owned a 1995 Chevy Cheyenne truck and loved it. I wished I never got rid of her. I only had my 2010 Silverado for 4 months before I traded in. Within 4000km's the transmission had to be replaced do to a loud whining noise. It took me months of battling with GM to get the transmission replaced. At one point the truck was at the dealer once a week. The driveline clunks loudly. The speakers vibrated and rattled. The back window of the truck squeaked and creaked. Passenger side door had something lose inside causing it to rattle as well. Within the first 1000km's the engine developed a ticking noise when warmed up. Terrible truck!

Comfy Seats Great exterior looks Powerful Smooth ride

Build quality Driveline noises Speakers/Stereo Interior design and quality Engine

poor mpg
By fjvargas

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My truck says the estimated mileage is 15 city / 21 hwy I drive normal and my mpg highway is 16 mpg and city 12 this has been my worst truck in fuel consumption, you can even see a dirty black tailpipe, dealer says, if it does not show codes it is fine it drives great and I like it except the mpg and no dic switch for a Lt I guess as not to scare us for the estimated mileage it was going to show honestly, if I had known of this poor mpg I would still be buying ford trucks, they always gave about 19 to 23 mpg my wife love it and at the same time hate it because it didn't came with running boards like all my other Fords other than that it is a great truck with poor mpg

remote vehicle starter

better gas mileage with a proper installed driver information center and running boards and not a misleading mpg EPA fuel economy estimate

More con than pro
By SGT509

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 1500 is made to drive down the highway empty not use for anything. The 6 speed auto trans downshifts on every little hill. My gas mileage is poor. Three tanks of gas and I have gotten 14.8, 15.1 and 15.8. No wonder they took out the standard gas mileage calculator. GM puts in an odd size spare tire. You can't add accessories to the 1500 like extra battery, plow, etc. It has soft paint that easily scratches. It has a small turn knob to put it in 4WD. Poor color choices. Lots of XM dead spots. Even my Z-71 package has very little ground clearance because of the plastic scoop below the front bumper.

Rides smooth and quiet. For the first time ever, I can actually hear the words to the music on the radio.

Make a camper package so you can charge a second battery. Put a spare under that matches the tires on the truck. Have more color choices. What ever happened to the good looking 2 tone Cheyenne colors?

Gas hog
By joe

I have driven chevy/gmc cars and trucks for 30 years and have obviously been pleased with their products because I have purchased many new products from them. This 2010 truck is an extended cab, LTZ,5.3 v8,3.08 rear. EPA estimates 21 highway and 15 city. Also,it has a six speed transmission. I drive 25,000 to 30,000 miles annually and keep accurate records of my gas mileage. This truck gets 16.3 miles per gallon with 85% highway miles and 15% city miles basically going the speed limit. I still have a 2003 Chevy extended cab,4 speed trans,5.3 liter engine, 246,000 miles on the truck. I get 18 mpg on this truck driving the same way as I drive the 2010.

The truck drives and handles well.

Be honest with your customers.Your salesmen run around telling customers that this truck gets 20 to 23 mpg. Your service departments say they have only had a few complaints on mpg. I do not believe either. Last gmc/chevy product my family will buy.

Pleasantly surprised
By Big G

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have to admit I wasn't looking for a truck when I got to the lot, i was looking for an SUV. But once i saw the Silverado with the upgraded chrome wheels and appearance package I had to take a look. Once I drove it I was sold. I constantly get compliments on my truck and it consistently surprises me on how refined and smooth it is on the road. I have had ZERO quality issues and get over 19 mpg on the highway with my heavy foot. Dealer treats me like they want my business too. Get the upgraded 5.3 engine and the 6 speed transmission. It makes a HUGE difference.

Bluetooth, Onstar nav, with the chrome package works like a truck but looks good enough to valet park, height and driving position are awesome.

weird option packages, I couldn't find one that had bluetooth AND homelink in the same vehicle