Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Probably My Last GM Product

elucas78, 09/19/2011
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Chevy trucks for the last 14 years and kept coming back, until now. We were looking for a half ton crew cab and found this 2009 used in April 2011. Within 2 weeks of buying it, the Service Air Bag light came on. Took it to the dealer a couple times and the computer needed reset and a sensor needed replaced. It happened again, but this time the instrument panel needed replaced. Then last month the engine started ticking. Took it in on August 29th to find out it needs a new cam and lifters. This is not what I expected on a 2 year old vehicle with 35,000 miles. Well it has been 3 weeks and I still have yet to get it back. So, this will more than likely be my last GM product.

Power Door Locks

silverado_sd, 08/01/2012
LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The right rear door does not work either automatically when the shifter is taken out of park, or with the key fob, or from the drivers door control panel. It must be locked and unlocked manually, and there is no place I can find that explains what the cause could be, and can't get much help from GM unless I take it to the dealership to have it troubleshot and repaired, instead of letting me do it myself. I am affraid that the other doors will eventually end up doing the same thing. Also the brakes shimmy when going down hill and pulsate too.

Nice but deadly!!

Jack1012, 09/07/2018
LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's georgous but unsafe, due too stabiltrack turning ingine off over minor issues. I will never buy another Chevy or gm vehical!

So far so good

David, 04/13/2009
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered this truck w the 6.2, max pack, and love it. Plenty of power w a lot of power. It is a pleasure to drive and with all kinds of extras. I have been a Ford man most of my life but after months of research I ended up with this truck. It is just what I wanted. Don't concern yourself with gas mileage because its a truck but go w what you want and you will be happy. Gas prices go up and down. If this what drive you then get a motorcycle.

Fun Driving the LTZ Silverado

Ron Jackson, 07/05/2009
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love driving this vehicle, just recently returned back from a road trip. From Virginia to Atlanta, GA. Loved every min of driving the Silverado. I let my Son drive for a while and I enjoyed the back seat. Nice and quiet. I went to sleep for about about 2 hours. Not only does it look good with it's sleek styling, but it drives great. We have a JAGUAR and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Silverado is the Road Vehicle. I am a Chevy Man.

12345...7