Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

09 Silverado crew cab 5.3L 4WD

ZRMan, 02/12/2009
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

So far I really like this truck. The ride is smooth and quiet. My snowmobile trailer, which pulled hard with my old Silverado, seems to pull much easier with the 6 speed in tow/haul mode. I don't have all the gear hunting and hard shifts. The bluetooth is a nice feature but I would think it would hurt their OnStar sales.

Great Ride

Dale S, 05/02/2009
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had the 09 LT for three months and have 10K on it already. Putting another 3K on it next week. Ride is very good and the Z71 package gives it more stability in high wind conditions. The 6 sp auto or manual transmission is fantastic. Pulled a loaded 18' trailer through a blizzard and never had to touch the brakes in traffic, just went to manual and controlled speed with the touch of a button. The only other vehicle I can put as many comfortable miles on is my Mustang GT, but the truck rides much better. Keeping it at 65, 19.5 mpg not unusual.

Chevy Silvrado 1500 WT great value!

GMK, 08/01/2009
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab WT with 4.8 V* for under $20K. I don't think there is a similar value anywhere currently. Truck handles like a dream. WT trim is surprisingly nice. Decent stereo, satellite radio and onstar are great additions. Interior is simple and nicely designed. High quality for a work truck. I average 18.5 MPG which is amazing to me given the size and capability of this truck. I tow a race car and this truck is more than capable to tow my 4000 lb rig over mountain passes. Sale price of $19988 made this a no brainer for me.

Good Truck

Bob, 01/16/2010
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Took this truck from the dealer and went on a vacation to Tennessee. Put 2300 miles on it with no issues. Average fuel economy was 18.5, which is not to bad for this size vehicle with the 5.3

Good Truck with issues

Who Dat, 02/26/2010
LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 4000 miles on it and I have had some minor problems so far. One chrome door handle broke off, the fuel cell indicator failed, and the dealer had to install noise reduction tape on all four doors. Besides the inconvenience of going back for repairs it has been a good truck. I hope the long term reliability is good, may have to get an extended warranty. We have six 09 Silverados at my work site, all have had some type of problems. Not sure if I would purchase another GM product at this time. The cloth seats are a lint nightmare to clean.

12345...7