Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Enjoying my time with my 09

greg graham, 06/26/2010
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my LTZ for 13 months and have been generally pleased. Mine is loaded with every option but the NAV. I have been pleased with the overall quality thus far with no issues to note. I'm averaging 15.5 mpg which is great for this vehicle. I love the dash lay out with wood inserts. I do wish the Bose system was a center point system but as it is I'm enjoying it. The 5.3 has good power. I've added so much aftermarket to the truck to enhance my ride. 6 in running boards, mud guards,bug deflector, lift kit for the front (I hated the lower front end) now it looks level across the entire truck,rear wheel well liners, recon light bar for under tailgate, db exhaust system(cool)under seat storage etc.

Z71, 6 Speed Auto, Cheap(er)

zjones, 09/03/2009
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Way better than my 2007 Classic 5.3 Silverado was. Smoother faster stronger more options better gas mileage. AFM works just fine. The 6 speed automatic is about 8 years late but now that it's here it was worth the wait. It's a much better unit than the old 4 speed. Frame much stronger, bed is mounted right up next to the cab now and when you jam your 4 wheeler in there it won't bend the top of the bed anymore. It drives WAY better than the old ones...I had to zig zag at 70 mph to miss a stupid deer and the rollover and brake system work well. The new dual zone climate control actually works now too. 13000 miles in 3 months because I love to drive it.

Run or pull out your wallet!!!

N. Peterson, 05/05/2017
LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck with less than 100k on it. Started this loud chirping almost immediately. Two mechanics that I trust looked at it and both recommended new engines. Apparently Chevy had major design flaws on this engine and did nothing more than issue a service bulletin. I've heard people anywhere from 20,000 miles and up having to swap these engines! Totally unacceptable. After a life with Chevy, we're finally going to make the switch to another company...

Should have gone with my gut..

offroadgoonie, 08/21/2014
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'm going to lay it straight. This was a solid truck for the first few months of owning it. Owned this for about a year and since purchasing, I've replaced the engine twice, had a transmission give out, and the heads get completely destroyed. "only" 72k miles on the truck, 2k miles on the new engine and about 1k miles on the transmission. Looks wise, this truck is flawless. It's a crew cab, although it might as well be an extended cab with the leg space.. but the interior is clean and looks amazing. I'm mainly concerned because I was told how great gmc/chevy is and how Ford and Dodge suck.. ya ok. Tried it and you've failed so I'm going back to my reliability. Piece of crap. No thank you!

HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!!

John King, 05/28/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

READ CONSUMER REVIEWS! So far, we've had this truck less than 6 months; just spent $2600 in repairs last week...Then drove to FLORIDA and on the way back DIED on the interstate stranded from home. Costed over $500 to TOW to the dealership we bought it from HERNDON CHEVROLET, LEXINGTON, SC and so far they've assessed $6000 to repair! We purchased it for $20K less than 6 months ago; dealership wants to give us $13K if truck is ALL REPAIRED for a TRADE IN VALUE! HIGH WAY ROBBERY!!!!!!! I HATE this CHEVROLET!!!

12345...7