Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Plastic parts in the engine always suck
By LD

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Not getting enough oil to engine...bad oil pump design...after 130000 miles! It will cost you 3000 in repairs.

5.3 liter AFM complete FAILURE....
By Mark Banta

I have owned approximately 10 Chevy trucks (8 trucks, 1 Suburban, 1 Tahoe) for 25 years and have put 200,000 miles on several of them. I currently have a 2008 Silverado with the 5.3 liter with Active Fuel Management. That engine is CRAP. I love the truck but the engine went sour at about 150,000 miles. First a Lifter failed in cylinder 6. Spent almost $2000 on repairs. Now cylinder 6 has 40 psi pressure and the dealership says the whole engine has to be replaced. Never again, GM.... Never again.

Great truck
By John Anderson

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought New. Replaced door locks after 5 yrs. Wrecked in early 2017 and wish I had it back.

Issue after issue
By waschevguy

I have to many issues.
@ 40,000 miles went through a set of lower ball joints, 45,000 ran out of oil, 55,000 lost a bearing in the font end. GM made me pay $100 for the ball joints.
GM replaced deflector plate to prevent from running oil, GM replaced the bearing.
I have stock wheel and tires nothing special.
Now have 80'000 and going through oil again, the passenger window does not go down.
The dealer put on a oil consumption plan and last time over 900 miles it went through 2 quarts.
I'm thinking about calling GM, does any one have any suggestions or ideas.
My truck is almost paid off and I don't really want to start over.

I really think the truck is very comfortable and enjoy driving it. But with the issues I'm not happy. I have owned several GM's in my life and always been a Chevy guy, but that has changed. Maybe need to look @ forgein truck or maybe a dodge. My wife had a arcadia and it was the same year as my truck and had tons of issues with that also. I hope GM can make this right, hope I can get some feedback on what to do.

Somewhat disappointed!
By str8dwn

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just want to say that this vehicle has been a good ride so far. Have a 2008, 97000 miles and BAM!!! get this flashing signal that say's service stabil-track control and traction control, and my engine light flashes....Well, take it to the dealer, they call back saying it is a broken valve spring #3...if that doesn't resolve the engine light they say they'll have to change the manifold....Im sorta lost....can anyone help out????