Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Still running great and smooth
By billboo80

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little worried about the tires that came with it, but they held up surprisingly well a year later. Leather seating and comfort allows us to take lengthy trips exceeding 6 -9 hours without aches/pains.Initial flapping noise at 60 mph was found to be front windshield plastic trim. We got it replaced. Oh yeah, there is this little thing called GM driveline lash, where there is slop in the differential, between the ring and pinion gears, so you hear a clunk when starting forward after a stop. GM says its normal...I'll keep checking.

Cab allows full view over the hood. 5.3L engine has good power and acceleration. Towed a 5000 lb trailer and felt no engine strain in the slightest. Low road noise, so I could carry on a nice conversation. Dual zone AC is NICE!!

Redesign the spline and pinion gear assembly to take care of that clunking effect.

Happy with my truck!
By Bowtie

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little disappointed in the fact that I have serious lack of options on this model, but after comparing other crew cab trucks for the same price I realize I have more. The Dodge Ram would have been my other choice, but I have some full sized kids to tote along with other work related items. Performance is decent the engine responds well in a pinch. The ride is smooth, only second to the Ford F-150 (and I've test driven all the competition). I've put 2500 miles on it in 2 weeks...and I have filled it up no less than 10 times...so the gas mileage stinks, but hey...it's a truck!

I soooo need the interior space and the price was great! I use every inch of this truck.

Wish it had better gas mileage and more compartment space. Also, I haven't yet gotten used to parking this big behemoth due to a the view over the front right corner. I'll get it together soon though.

GM -Finally- got it right - For Now
By Old Red

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've every seen in my 62 years. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've every been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

Great quality of manufacture, smooth ride, very comfortably. 6.0 VMax engine has great power for pulling some pretty good loads up Casper Mountain switchbacks. After 1 3/4 years of fairly hard use, I have found NO defects, NONE. Including Japanese it is the best quality 1/2 ton pickup I have drive

It has a 4 speed auto. A 6 speed would match up a lot better to the 6.0 367hp engine power band. Sadly I won't be buying another GM product, because I just can't image a government/labor union owned manufacturer ever being able to turn out vehicles with any kind of quality.

Now THIS is what I call a REAL truck!
By Ericonline

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely love it! Got a great 2 year lease and within a few days I regretted that I had not bought it! VERY fun to drive - power, handling, comfortable, etc. A little bumpy in the back seat for the wife and kids but otherwise an awesome truck.

Fun to drive -- I'm not kidding.

How can anyone suggest improvements to a vehicle they love? I mean, could there be some, sure, but there are too many good features to worry about improvements.

Perfect!
By Tina

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect! I love eveything about it! Fast and great on gas! I get 21 MPG average most of the time. I have the 5.3 with 315 horsepower. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a tank of gas a couple of times.

It's fast and smooth.