Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Must have been built on a holiday
By cac4

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck used with 17 k on it. In the 5 month I have had it it has been to the dlr 5 times and monday is #6. Trans leak,main seal,body molds,mpg,u-joints. It now only has 26k. I also am only getting 15 mpg. I love gm and must have just got a lemon.

Looks great, comfort

Overall quality for the trucks.

Now THIS is what I call a REAL truck!
By Ericonline

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely love it! Got a great 2 year lease and within a few days I regretted that I had not bought it! VERY fun to drive - power, handling, comfortable, etc. A little bumpy in the back seat for the wife and kids but otherwise an awesome truck.

Fun to drive -- I'm not kidding.

How can anyone suggest improvements to a vehicle they love? I mean, could there be some, sure, but there are too many good features to worry about improvements.

bad mpg
By MCRIDER

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Anyone else with a 08 chev silv. 1500 v6/4.3l reg cab 4x4 8 ft bed, have terrible gas mileage? I only have 3400 mi. On truck. Normal driving between city/hwy I get 10-11 mpg. Definitely not good!

comfortable, standard features like am/fm/cd, warning cluster are good

You might as well just keep 8 cyl in all full size trucks. Gas mileage is of little or no difference from the 6 cyl, but power is!

So much better than my previous Z-71
By CHRISB

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My lease was up on my 06 Z-71 LT3 truck in October 08, so I decided to buy the new 08 for about $2500 more than it would have cost to buy the 06 off of the lease. Wow! What a huge difference a redesign can make. Same basic powertrain, but 5.3 now with flex fuel, same 4L60, but I am almost sure that GM has stopped using that junk rear end supplier that plagued the previous body truck. They claim the new truck is 146% stronger in the frame, and I would say that much and more. I like the Active Fuel Management, but it doesn't seem to work above 70, or on an incline of any sort whatsoever. Overall A+

More intuitive audio controls on wheel, better HVAC (dual) system. New body 3.73 gears just feel stronger and don't have the lock/unlock issues of previous generation.

A litte more flexibility for 4 cyl. threshholds. Factory spray in, and God willing: Instructions of how to deactivate that seat belt chime!

08 Work Truck, Love It
By Dennis Adams

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck for its great looks and big bed. I have had many Chevy trucks in the past but this is the best by far. Drives like a big car and rides like one. Pulls a car trailer with a car on it like nothing is behind it, and it is the 4.3 v6. Love the rack steering. Wish it had a grab handle on the drivers side so I wouldn't have to grab the steering wheel to enter the cab. Don't care much for the black cloth on the seats. Shows my cat's hair.

Drives like a Caddy. Rides like one too. Sharp styling. Big and deep 8 ft bed.

Add a grab handle on drivers side. Change cloth color on seats to gray.