Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I'm lovin' it!
By dfdfirefighter412

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a new Silverado in 2006 and my salesman suggested I wait for the newly redesigned model. I couldn't be happier that I waited. The redesign is great all the way around. Interior is much more comfortable, exterior is a lot more eye catching and the trucks capabilities are more than ever. Ultimatly, the wait was worth my while and I would recommend anyone checking out the Silverado before looking at other options.

Large cabin space, plenty of room for six adults. 4.8L V-8 has a lot of guts. Rubber floors are easy to clean. Runs smooth & very quiet. Even the Dodge & Ford owners look at this truck while I drive by!

If your gonna put chrome on the rear bumper, put some on the front too. Make the tire pressure monitoring system easier to reset after tire rotation. I still cannot figure it out & must bring back to the dealer. Driver side floor has a hole where the heel of my foot rests. Not covered by warranty

LT3 Chevy Silverado (Shortbed)
By Y

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got our pickup right off the lot with 12k and it has been awesome. The only problem that we have had is it would not unlock or start and the problem was that the battery cable had came loose and became unplugged. Other than that it has been fun to have it has leather and plenty of legroom on the interior. The heated winsheild wiper fluid really works when its is frozen. The backup sensors are awesome too, it is easier to backup closer to things. Another feature is the advance track works really well when you are in gravel. We have had other Chevy pickups but and this is the best. But if you like paying $90 every other day with 14 miles to the gallon then this is the truck for you.

XM radio, OnStar, dual climate control, backup sensors, automatic headlights with daytime running lamps. Fog lights, leather, and pretty much everything

They should all have a backup camera standard in the mirror like the 09' Chevy Traverse or in the nav. Another thing is they should have air vents int the back. I don't care how good the air is.

9000 miles
By NFRich

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Got rid of it! It got the worst gas mileage of any of the Silverado's I have owned. Never got anything more than 15, even on the highway. It was a 4x4 Z71 and rode terrible. Did like the way it handled though. So happy to see it go!

Liked the back doors that would swing 170 degrees

Ride, gas mileage

Gas lover
By ct

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck but the gas tank is empty most of the time. I have 3.73 gears for pulling boats and heavy loads and the best mpg on the highway at 55 is 15.9. Not 20 mpg.

Love the ride

Better mileage

My 4th Chevy truck
By dakneedrizl

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my ride for 4 months now overall it was a good purchase so far. I would say if you have money to burn look at the Tundra but you cannot get a v8 long bed real deal pick up like mine for under 20g in any other brand. I am weary of the Chevy track record as I have had a few it seems there is always some little crap going on with them engine idling right? Rear end humming? Interior plastic has sharp edges mine only has 5 grand so far. I guess I will find out how things pan out at 10-20-30 thousand miles. The definite plus side to this truck is the gas mileage for being so big I can cruise at 15-1700 rpm on the freeway. The basic options that come with it are also nice.

Auto head lights, small block fury, exhaust

Idles weird, clunky trans to rear end hook up. Smooth out the plastic parts. Sharp edges fraying the seat belt.