Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!!
By DBCOOL68

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had this truck for about two years now, and have a 2008 reg cab long bed for a year now with a six engine(6 was not my choice but by the company I worked for) and my 5,3 gets better mileage than it but nowhere near the 20 claimed. But it rides well and can carry everything I have thrown at is so far. Very comfortable on long trips was a ease going all over Texas with style. The computer display gives great information about vehicle status.

XM Satillite Bose radio with steering wheel controls and rear separate radio for the siblings, excellent ride and handling even while towing. Dual HVAC, comfortable adjustable seating.

Seats collects too much lint, could use better mpg. like 20 mpg for real. Delco could make a better battery.

Going to Toyota
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

74,000 km's and the transmission won't shift gears. I don't tow, I do not beat on it, I take very good care of it and this is how I am repaid. GM needs to put alot more thought into building a reliable truck. My last 2002 silverado was just as big a lemon. And to think I would give Chevy one more chance. I can't wait to see how much this one is going to cost; I'm sure GM will try to get out of the so called warranty.

Rear ends, should be after market. Transmissions should be after market. Oil pumps should be after market.

Love my LTZ
By Tom

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this LTZ a month ago and love the smooth ride,interior comfort,feel of the road. Have not pulled my boat yet but it should handle it with ease. Plenty of power. Bose sound system rocks! along with the satellite radio. It takes quite a while to figure out all the buttons and what they control. The driver information system is nice, but unfortunately it shows that the truck doesn't anywhere near the 20 hiway MPG that Chevy and Howie Long brag about!!! Averaging about 15 miles per gallon with 90% hiway driving and feathering the gas pedal.

Pretty much everything, design of the 18" wheels is sharp and really dresses up the exterior.

Chevy needs to stop lying and be upfront about the real mileage you can expect.

Almost Perfect
By Almost Perfect

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The best Silverado yet. However, the rear bumper absolutely stinks! I backed into a snow bank. $2,000 damage. Also, when it is below zero the switch to change from 4WD to 2WD doesn't work and vice versa. When cold out I cannot get enough heat while on the road.

Nice ride.

Significantly beef up the rear bumper. Put a heater in it. Fix the wind noise from doors.

Great truck, a joke for gas mileage!
By Butch

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed owning this truck for a 1 1/2 now. Truck rides very smooth, very comfortable on the highway. White, Z71 Ext Cab Std Box, 5.3. Pulls my 5,000 lb travel trailer no sweat. Only problem I've had with the truck was the battery went out in Oct of 07. Absoloutely love this truck, however two very annoying things. 1 the seats collect a ton of lint! 2nd, the truck sits way to low in the front! Why did GM have to design these trucks with the nose dive. With my 5,000 lb trailer on the back just levels the truck out. You look at the 2wd and the 4wd Silverado's and you can't even see a difference. GM should design these trucks to sit up a bit higher in front. Otherwise very satisfied!

Looks great, 5.3 Vortec seems to be a very solid powerful engine. Quiet, strong, and smooth. I'm sure performany would be even better if I had the 6 speed automatic trans but oh well. Interior of the truck is great, very comfortable to drive back and forth to work as well as travel cross country.

The dealer sticker on my truck said 20 MPG highway, this has really been a joke! (try about 17 mpg highway at best!). Seats collect so so much lint (very difficult to keep clean). Also, I wish my Z71 off road 4x4 wasn't so low in the front end! I don't know why GM designed them with the nose dive!