Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I fully recommend the new Silverado
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My last Silverado was a 1999 (204k), I drove it for over 10 years so it took a while to embrace this one. I have the 5.3 flex and the power is great. I don't haul any big loads but when I go to pass the power is there. Before I bought, I looked at them all and still came back to the Silverado. If I took it easy I could easily get 20 mpg but I have found that I enjoy the power so 17.5 is normal for me. I get a little noise from the 'fresh air' doors and the OEM tires are gone at 40k, but I can say that I have no other complaints. Bottom line is I love it and would recommend it.

flex engine with power. Drops to 4cyl if power not needed. Funny to see it estimate 40mpg when i take it too easy.

The fuel warning says 'low' once it drops below a range of 50 (doesn't estimate miles past that). Not a great help.

Biggest piece of junk I ever bought
By Ben

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with this truck since I bought it. Side door strips keep coming off. Had a oil leak at 27000 miles rear main seal went out had to be replaced. When the dealership replaced the rear main seal they tore the transmission seal then had a transmission fluid leak. That was covered under warranty at least. At 37000 miles the rack and pinion went out and GM wound not help pay for it to be fixed cost me 750 dollars to get fixed. Just recently changed my oil and noticed a white milky substance that came out of the oil pan first. Just checked the oil yesterday and noticed the same substance on the dip stick which wound b coolant in my oil. I hope GM will help.

I like the new body style and the interior is pretty nice to. Great truck to tow with plenty of power. Other than those few things this is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought. Considering going to a different make of truck.

Don't really have any suggestions for them but they need to help people with problems like I have had. They know they have problems but they just don't want to have to help fix them.

Love it
By GMan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had no problems and if history repeats, as with all other GM products I have owned, I will not have any issues. I get better than average combined fuel economy, last tank was 20.5 mpg and the lowest was 17.5, on highway trip I have gotten 24.3 before. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and now, my daughter now claims it as hers.

I love the fuel economy, ONStar, XM, driver information center, remote start, the extra storage compartments, seat comfort and leg room, steering wheel controls, engine power, smooth ride....

The best car will win
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I remember why my last Chevy was in 1994 I didn't keep it very long. Traded it for a Nissan. Has not been back to the dealer, but I should have taken it though. The seat foam is showing on both sides sticking out the bottom. We only have about 23,000 miles on it and the tires will not even pass my next state inspection, and no!! it's not my driving, I`m 58yrs old and do not drive like a teenager. The chrome on the rear bumpers is already rusting. There is a strange thumping or bumping sound when you take off or shifting gears. And I don`t like not having the option of buying the On-Star, which I pulled the fuse on because as soon as I turned it on, they began to try to sell me more.

Price

Pay more attention to Quality. Make On-Star an option.

I'm Keeping Mine
By bret

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a deal on mine because it was the last 2007 on the lot. It is fully loaded and it's really a luxury truck. The LTZ model has a great interior. I have to park outside and let me tell you having remote start with heated seats is da bomb during winter. I won't own another vehicle that doesn't have it. I got the standard bed size and have moved twice with it. Very roomy even though I put a half-height truck box in the front. The Bose stero is kickin', and I had an aftermarket iPod adapter wired in that is a must have for audiophiles. The truck rides great, you sit really high up, and most important of all, you feel real safe out there on a street full of idiots.

The truck looks tough. I like the heated seats, the power available when you need it, and the sunroof which is great. The stereo on the LTZ model rocks and the heated leather seats are awesome in the winter.

Changing the tire stinks. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Better hope you have a friend along or AAA, ladies. Also, sometimes when I mash down on the accelerator I'm not rewarded enough with power I'm expected to have with a giant V8 truck.