Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

All the storage compartments in the cab. Comfortable seating. Plenty of power even with the smaller engine.

The only change I would make is better gas mileage. Otherwise I love everything about it.

Wouldn't Buy Again
By biga6462

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would sell this thing but there are no other trucks that look good to me at the time. I love the looks of the truck and handling, but there is so many other things that make me sick about this vehicle.
After looking at the internet all of my problems are shared by many others. Here are some of the issues I have had with the truck.
Fuel Purge valve had to be replaced and relocated because it was placed in an area where dust affected its performance, the rear back glass leaks water after a rain, the speakers rattle in the door, the dash and door trim rattles, the door trim has come apart, the brakes overheat, pulsate, and leak DOT fluid. A complete piece of junk in my opinion

Crossing My Fingers! So far So Good!
By soybatoman

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck new in Sept 2007. Now close to 4 years and 43K miles only 1 problem. I had to change out the broken hubs at 40K so no warranty. The only major complaint I have is the harsh transmission. It jerks, clunks and hard shifting which the dealer says "normal". Another problem is a wind noise at speeds over 65MPH coming from front doors or dash??. I do have to say it's a great truck. I did install a 6" lift kit, 35" tires and 4.56 gears at 8K

Plenty of room for 6 people. Great dash layout. Great exterior design. the truck looks huge with lift kit and bigger tires.

This truck needs a 6 speed transmission and better paint job

best truck ever owned.
By dom16

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love my 2007 chevy silverado over all i love evrything about it, it takes off like a bat outta heck shifts are smoth dont even feel them really mean engine roar when peddle to the floor! stops on a dime i drive this truck HARD! im never easy on it iv towed boats,hay,68 skylark it felt like ther was nothing there i have not had replace anything on it i baught it new (demo truck) in 07 an not even replaced the goodyear stockers that wont pass the toothpick test an what made me even more happy is i live in texas we got 5inches of ice an with the bald tires didnt loose it at all with the tration control on!iv rode it hard an put up wet an it has not failed me once i highly sugest this truck!!!

tration controle, bose stareo, engine an tranny , the 8 to 4 banger change saves me alot of gas!

the only draw back is that i have a short in the back cab of it witch has my back driver side speaker wine when im flooring it an the only way to shut that winning up is to push the back seprite stareo on an the tire sincers froze when i took the truck to colorado in the middle of winted but other then that i love this truck to death!

Satisfied but not thrilled
By andymick32

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've now owned my Silverado LTZ for 3.5 years.
I haven't had any major problems, but have had my fair share of small ones.
I had a battery problem when I first bought the truck that the dealer replaced.
I needed to replace a rear wiring harness that had corroded, the electronic rear sliding window broke and needed replaced, the DVD broke and needed new wiring, my air bag sensor went bad and also needed replaced.
I love the exterior and interior looks of the truck, but am disappointed with the electrical issues so far.
The truck has so many bells and whistles that things are going to quit working eventually.
Fuel economy is okay so far.
I average 15 mpg city and 18.5-19 on the highway.

Exterior and interior styling. It has 60k miles on it and still drives like it's a brand new car. No road noise whatsoever. I've also added a K&N cold air intake and a Magnaflow exhaust. Love the sound of her taking off.

Better electrical quality. Needs a bigger grill and needs to sit up higher. Also needs a better Navigation system.