Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Buy one if you can afford it
By charlie

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in August sight unseen. I went through Edmunds.com and submitted a request to multiple dealers. Overall, this is an outstanding truck. I opted for the Texas Edition package for this truck because I need towing package. There are only a couple of things I would change. First,GM should have put disc brakes on the rear, especially for people who tow. Second, the power windows are a little noisy as compaired to my previous chevy truck. Lastly, when I go over RR tracks, the tailgate sounds a little loose, but to be fair, this could just be to the exta stability built into the truck. But overall, this is a great truck and I have no regrets about buying it.

This truck has everything that I wanted. Their really is no favorite item

Disc brakes all the way around

Powerful truck!
By neversummer

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had previously owned an '02 and loved it....now Chevy has raised the bar! Nice 20 inch wheels (although i will be offroading), great ride , power and looks. I have the 6.0 and am averaging 14.5 after 2000 miles. Looked at a Tundra but was put off by the price. I was amazed to see how similar the interior dash was to the new Chevy! The body design is awesome, however "plastic" chrome pieces are undesireable and do not stand up after four years. How about aluminum on the front grille? Same with the interior....simulated plastic wood...no sir! The fit of my glove door and arm rest "wood" pieces are off, other wise good build inside and out. Trans shifting feels awkward and slow to respond.

Power, ride, looks and new warranty.

Sharper acceleration, 4/8 fuel mgmt seems ineffective (avg fuel economy less than my 5.3 2002).For all of us that would like to keep a truck for the long term please dump the plastic for alloys!

2007 Chevy Truck
By Indiana Chevy

I bought the truck a month ago. Compared it with the Toyota Tundra. Liked them both, but am really glad I bought the Chevy. Lots of power, quiet, good ride/handling, and all the "toys" that I need with it. My only complaints are lack of storage inside. No overhead storage for glasses, etc like my old one had; small storage areas in the side doors; and a good sized storage between the seats, but not very functional. If you fill it up, you can't find anything! And finally there's no light in the hood area. I was told after the sale that that's an "option". Geez...a $37K truck should have an under the hood light!

Ride, power, quiet

Storage inside. The Toyota Tundra has got Chevy beat on that note. And make an under-the-hood light a standard feature!

Home Run for GM w/ new redesigned Silver
By Louie's Truck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Silverado since 1991 and it is just a superb looking and operating vehicle, simply the best. No wonder is was selected as truck of the year by Motor Trend Magazine. It is so much fun to drive and the music system is awesome! The looks of this truck are dynamic!! Just a beautiful piece of machinery. GM offered most attractive rebates and owner loyalty discount which gave great value to the truck.

Beautiful 18" wheels and rims, sound system, instrument panel and controls

Better fuel economy. Am only getting 14.4 avg. during the first 600 miles. The glove box is not constructed flat. Can't even store vehicle manual and other sundry items. Needs redesigning to accommodate items "flatly" and neatly. Has a big bulge in the middle!

2007 Chevy Silverado
By Lee

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2003 Chevy Silverado and traded it in for an 07' Texas edition. I have to say that Chevy finally did it. They made a great truck. The little things count. Very impressed with the new interior design. More room in the cab. Its like a cross between a Caddy and truck. Very nice!

My favorite feature is the back seats. You can pull them up instead of laying them down for more cargo room. I also like all the space under the hood to work on it. Nice! Back seats are very comfortable. More head space.

Like to have a little more horsepower coming from the factory. I would pay more for the horses. Overall, great truck!