Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck
By Great Truck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 5,300 miles on my truck and so far it's been great. I am getting 18 mpg mixed driving and 18 mpg on the interstate at 70 mph. The fit and finish is excellent, The interior has a luxury car like ride that is both smooth and quiet and the bose sound system is awesome. I think they could improve mileage if they keep the motor in 4v mode which I read GM is working on this. The 5.3 has plenty of power and a nice exhaust note under heavy throttle. In cold weather, remote start not only turns your heat on it turns your heated seat on, nice touch. GM has done a nice job on this truck.

Interior looks great. Bose stereo. 20" rims.

Floor shifter on LTZ package.

Still pinching myself. Love it!
By Brent

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Loved my F150, it drove, rode and handled wonderfully (Reg cab, 4.6 V8) and got 15.2 avg mpg. Needed something bigger, and found the Chevrolet head and shoulders above my Ford. I was pleasantly surprised. The ride, fit and ergonomics of my Silverado are just as close to perfect as I can imagine.

Active fuel management (running on 4 cylinders when 8 are not needed), tight handling without sacrificing smooth, quiet ride.

None, really

My New LTZ
By chris

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I dont know about you but when I spent 35K for my new truck I thought it would be built better. I have had Chevys before but never a truck. Drove them a lot from work but the clasic and what a difference between that and the new body style for 07/08. The roof interior is cheap and so are the visors. and what happened to the overhead console? Nowhere to put your glasses and such. Also a lot of wind noise comes into the cab and last but not least I thought they would put the speakers in better I all ready have one of the front speakers real loose and Ive only had it for 2 weeks. Other than that its a killer truck and the Leather 10 way power seats are real nice. Overall happy.

Power seats, heated seats, remote start, heated washer fluid, XM radio, OnStar, safety pkg. Hate the gas mileage though. Have not seen the rated 22 on freeway yet with 780 miles and 720 Freeway miles. 15/16 is more like it..

Top of the line truck should have better material for the interior roof lining and visors, also whats up with the little spaces I can't fit my phone into? And wind noise? And put the speakers in right. Also bring back the overhead console with compartments for stuff. Remember the oval reading

Best of 60 vehicle's I have owned
By Lonnie

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my favorite vehicle to date of ownership out of the past 59 vehicles. The ride is unbeatable for a truck. Tempted by Toyota but their rtuck had cheesy interior and an ugly front end. The new Silverado design is perfect and to drive one will make you an owner. I added Flowmaster exhaust and it opened the 6.0 MAX engine up and let it breath. Wow, the 4X4 system really hooks up when climbing steep rock formations and getting through the mud. Yes, I am not a concrete cowboy, I take my $46,000 truck off road.

To have a 5,000 lb truck that will 4X4 and tow heavy loads while providing me an awesome smooth & quiet ride is a feat of great engineering. The interior decibel rating for outside noise is less than a luxury Audi A6. What a combination, I'm ready to buy another one, just need to get miles on this one

The only thing I hate: Chevrolet designed the fuel system for the 6.0 MAX engine to delay fuel delivery (delayed acceleration) up to 4 seconds. You have to wait for all of the power. It is feed to you slowly. That's why the Tundra & Titan out performs it in 0-60 mph. Chevy change this setting!

LTZ Silverado
By Rick Swearingen

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is Motor Trends truck of the year for a reason. From its luxury suv interior and ride, solid build quality, smooth powerful engine, and rugid good looks GM has built one nice truck.

Bose sound system, smooth ride, 20" rims.

None.