Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

The Worktruck
By moeniogt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a well-built workhorse this is your truck. I feel very safe and confortable when driving this truck. I love the fact that you sit high. Interior room is more than enough, I am 6'1" and I feel small when I am sitting in my truck. The bells and whistles are missing but it is a worktruck. Even with this in mind, the interior is very nice and functional. I love the new ergonomic, elegant but simple controls for the radio, a/c, lights, and on-star. The new exterior body design is simply pleasing to the eyes. It gives it an aggressive yet elegant feel. This truck drives very nice. It is very solid, granted that I haven't used it for towing or off-roading. I love it!

Ergonomic/Simple but elegant controls. New body style. Roomy interior. Comfortable seating. OnStar. Fuel economy (in comparison to other full size trucks). Automatic lights. Security designed keys. Aggressive/elegant look.

In-Cabin storage for essentials (jumper cables, small tools, etc.)

What happened
By matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its nice to look at but don't try to drive it. The front pump on the transmission was leaking within 2300 miles and im on the second power steering unit. Good thing theres a 100,000 mile warrenty on this things im gonna need it.

looks good

rethink before buying

2007 LT 4.8L Silverado
By laline

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had an '04, when the new style was out, had to get it! Looks great, beautiful ride, and the new warranty is'nt too bad either. Fuel economy could be better, the 5.3 on my old one got just as good MPG. Overall I love it, the pros outweigh the cons.

The OnStar with all of its capabilities. The new bodystyle all flared out. The MP3 stereo with the XM radio!

Brakes are terrible! They should have gone with disks in the rear, those drums make it eat up those front pads quickly!

LTZ
By cliffy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 18" wheels and the ride is horrible, my 2003 rode much better and the improvment in ride is where? What happened to the lights on the doors? Nowhere to be found. I have an LTZ and the seats heaters are not designed properly for the seats. The sides of the seats do not heat and the leather is cold because of this. When spending this kind of money $37,000+ I would have expected a much improved truck, just didn't get it. I don't like the dome lamps and cargo lamps on the same switch. Next time I trade I'll be looking at other makes.

Heated washer fluid, Driver Information Center, power foldaway mirrors, OnStar

Ride quality, seat heaters, remote starting distance (200 feet is not enough)

Very pleased
By VA

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far I'm very pleased. GM definitely made strides with this truck. In particular the interior comfort and build quality is far better than in previous years. Gas mileage isn't good, but hey, it's a truck!

General interior design. Gauges are easy to read. Rides great. Backup sensors is a great feature.

Turning radius. You need about an acre to turn this beast around.