Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Nice truck
By Chet

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I can say this is the best truck I have ever had. The ride is good, the 4X4 works great, good fuel economy. I love the truck. GM did a good job on this one.

Auto 4X4, rear slider, OnStar, rear drum brakes.

Better stock speakers.

07Chevy
By jjdoodah

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Pros: acceleration, brakes, heat/air;radio, seats, turn circle,fun to drive. Cons: ride; very poor seal around doors..way too much noise, mileage (15- 16), too light on rear..spins wheels & looses traction too easy, no trip odometer, a/c switches; overall poor fit in areas of body & interior.

AwsomeTruck! Need to improve mpg
By Kyle

I have been very impressed with my truck. The Silverado rides so smooth on the highway, I would rather travel in my truck than any other vehicle. Also, mechanically the trick is amazing! The 5.3 is a strong, quiet, and smooth running engine. My ony complaint has been the fuel mileage. It seems the '"active fuel management" doesn't help much at all. The rating on the sticker said 16 city and 20 mpg highway. I get closer to 13 city and 15.8 on the highway. I don't think I'll ever see 20mpg. Other than that I am extremely happy with my truck and plan on keeping it a long time! Thanks Chevy for building such a great truck! just need to improve mpg

Ride, looks, engine, interior, and build quality. I have truly been amazed with how quiet, smooth, and solid my Silverado is. The 5.3 Vortec is very powerfull! The engine is smooth and responsive, tranny shifts like butter. Also love the comfy seats

Fuel economy. Speakers. They have rattled since day 1 and dont have much bass. Also, The black spoiler on the bottom of the front bumper seems to hinder ground clearence and makes the appeareance of the Z71 and 4x4's look too low in the front. My Z71 4x4 looks more like a 2wd in the front.

I love my truck
By dhvacwiz

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest truck I have owned, and I have had many over the years. It is comfortable on long trips,quiet and rides well. Average 14mpg includes road trips,local driving and aprrox. 20% towing Motorcycles. I also use this truck for work daily. It carries the additonal weight and maintains handling and ride. The 4 wd has come in handy with this years snow. Power is good too.

Quiet and comfortable. Good sound system with mp3 jack.

Better gas mileage

Chevy Silverado
By Darren E.

I am a college student and needed a reliable truck that would get decent gas mileage. I traded in my 98 GMC 1/2ton pickup w/4.3L V6 for this 07 Silverado. I thought that since I had good results with gas mileage on the V6 that I thought the new trucks would get good mileage. Wrong! I am getting 12-13 city and 16-17 highway. This really disapoints me. Other than the gas mileage, the truck is good. Overall I am happy with the deal and would recommed Chevy/GMC trucks to anyone.

The truck rides smooth, transmission shifts gears smoothly, the truck sits higher than other trucks, and the 2nd glove compartment is nice.

Improve gas mileage, the seats need to fold down more, the truck needs to be more level.