Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Seeing the USA in my Chevrolet
By Farmer Ted

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When new this was truck of the year, totally redesigned from the ground up, full boxed frame, 3" wider stance, Active Fuel Management. Leather heated seats, very luxurious. This truck is tight and quiet and has plenty of power. I love it!

My real review
By James Terbrueggen

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It'll cost u in gas but it's great in the winter if u keep it maintained

My work truck
By TheReaper!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Not much 100,000 only problem was cheap wheels lots of surface rust . Other than that brakes and oil changes and still feels and drives like new . Update 4/18/18 ,we now use the truck as a backup vehicle and when we need a truck. The reason for this type of use is I want it to last as long as possible, new trucks are just way to expensive now. Still no problems with the truck, my only regret is I didn't buy 2 the same day.

Kill you to buy American?
By DFGM

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Silverado has been an outstanding pickup. Now with over 100k miles, I have had no issues whatsoever. It's also worth noting that this truck has not had an easy life. I'm constantly hauling, towing, and driving in the oil fields with it (Almost all trucks in the oil field are GM or Ford for a reason. The others simply aren't build nearly as well). In my spare time it is frequently being driven off road for hunting or fishing trips. No doubt, my next truck will be made by GM. Finally, it's always great knowing that my pickup was built in Indiana with 90% domestic part content.

Great looks and ride, poor craftmanship and quality
By andymick32

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck in 2007 with 18k miles. Beautiful looking truck IMO. I finally got rid of it before 100k miles. This truck road great, but had many problems from the start, mostly being electrical. I replaced every sensor in the vehicle in the first 75k miles, not including the back up sensors that went around 75k miles because they were $500 to replace. The DVD player didn't work from day one, the power sliding rear window also quit on me twice including a few other issues including a leaky ceiling. All in all, I loved how the truck drove and looked, but the quality was lacking. Maybe it was the first year of the NBS to blame? Moved on to a Tundra

Looks, very smooth ride, fuel economy, BOSE Sound system is second to none.

Use better quality parts and craftsmanship, cover sensors so they will last in harsh environments. Raise the front end, interior is too bland.