Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Incredible
By sae185628

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a the 4wd work truck with the upgraded chrome package and seats. It also had the chrome 20 inch Chevy bowtie rims. Absolutely beautiful truck. This is when they came out with the split grille that is much better looking than the 2003-2005 models. Very pleased with this truck. The only reason I got rid of it was because of a round trip commute to work of 60 miles. Gas was going up and I had to do something. I really regret getting rid of it.

Everything.

Better gas mileage out of the 4wd lineup.

Brakes on my Chevy
By terri

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a Chevy truck for about 20 years now. This 2006 is the first one I've ever had trouble with. Took it back to the dealership in Opelika, Alabama a total of 7 times to get the brakes looked at. Warning lights kept coming on and also the car phone charger hasn't worked since the day it came off the lot. I'm really disappointed in Chevy with this truck. The dealership would not fix it while it was under warranty and the brakes are still having major problems. Hate to say this but probably will not buy another new Chevy.

Color, body style and look of the truck.

Chevy needs to look into keeping the quality in their products... really disappointed in the new trucks. Brake system on my 2006 Silverado is the pits.

My Son Loves This Truck!
By Wade

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my SS used, as I do with all my trucks, and am very pleased with it. The exterior is so much better looking than the standard Silverado. It drives & rides like a Cadillac. I will never buy any other truck than a GM.

The 6.0L motor is great. It responds nicely when it is stomped on. The front styling is half of what sold me on the truck. I also like the extra room under the rear seat, easier to install sub boxes.

There are only a few things I would improve on. First, I would add a few more stock ponies to the power plant. Second, I would make two tone leather seats & some aluminum accents available for the interior.

Always wanted a Z71
By Strain

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all, a good truck. Hate the tires that came with it, Bridgestones. Why I couldn't get lucky and get the Goodyear Wranglers. I have the LT2 package, and you would think I would have a mirror on the driver's visor (I chew, so I have to check my teeth prior to meetings). Hate the 6 disc cd player, still confused on how to work it and I have owned the truck for 2 years now. Little plastic caps keep falling off the door that cover the screws. I would also like to know if there is a way for the dual climate control to move on both sides. I hate having to move mine to, say 68, then the passengers side to 68 as well.

4WD Crew Cab. Able to load the entire family of 5 up to go either out to eat, or camping.

Horrible Bridgestones, every tire has had a flat, mirror on driver's visor, steering is tough, upgrade the dual ac controls.

My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Electric seats, windows, mirrors. And an AC that will have you blowing smoke out your mouth.

Nothing needs to be changed.