Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

service airbag light
By tony

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck tom replace my 97 s10 because I needed a bigger truck for my business. Great truck for hauling, towing, and comfort. But I've had a problem wiht the service air bag light and its been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times for the same problem. Its been in for the intermediate shaft, front and the front rotors plus a clip to open the door. To many stupid little things that should not happen and the airbag problem that should have been fixed already.

All in all a good truck for towing and hauling and comfortable.

Stop using inadequate rotors and intermediate shafts and a self destructing intake manifolds at around 70k and they might get some of there lost customers back. To many little things that shouldn't happen.

I Really Enjoy My Truck.
By Haily

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had owned many cars & SUV's (both small & large) and had always wanted a full size pickup truck. I purchased my Silverado and have never been sorry since. I am in the process of purchasing an extended warranty to cover my truck once the manufacturer's warranty runs out in August of this year. The truck is solid & sound, very comfortable with enough power to handle whatever I need. I have the 5.3L V8 4X4 crew cab. The room interior comfort and roominess is hard to find in other trucks. I work for a Ford dealership in sales and have sold/driven most other types of trucks. I have not found one yet that have felt as safe & comfortable as my Silverado!

Good truck
By FRED

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck for a meat packing plant I own. It has a lot of power and hauls meat, my boats, and a huge trailer of deer hides very well. I never had a mecanical failure on it before. I smoked a deer with it and it had a lot of damage to the front and fender (which still was never fixed right becouse the front bumper and grille is not centered very well). I also like the acceleration on it. Overall I love this truck.

Power, great towing, smooth ride, greet gas mileage, and exterior design.

The interior is a little plain, but it is just a truck,

Overall quality is lacking
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was my second Chevy pickup, my first being a '57 stepside. Since that old Chevy, I had evidently been spoiled by a few Fords, two Nissans and a Dodge. No complaints on any of those other pickups, but this Chevy must've been a lemon. Everything from the battery to the temperature control to the transmission gave me trouble in the 9 months that I've had it.

I was quite fond of the body style. It was a nice looking truck.

Attention to detail in the QC department would be nice!

My 12th work truck
By bob

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2006 LT1 Extended cab, shortbox, 5.3LV8 4X4. I have had 12 company owned trucks so far, 8 of 'em Chevys. Even though we had to replace a transmission at 88,000 miles, I still rated this vehicle very high on reliability because the drive train hasn't changed in several years and this was the first major problem I've ever encountered in 400,000+ miles driving late model Chevy pickups. Heck, my 2006 still has the original brake pads at 111,000 miles! Flat, freeway driving averages about 17.5 mpg, drops to about 13mpg if light duty towing (boat). Very comfortable for long distance driving.

Quiet, comfortable ride, good visibility. Goes into and out of 4WD easily, absolutely excellent in snow and on ice. Very reliable.

You can't get the wipers away from the windshield to wash it!