Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck
By morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most comfortable and driver friendly vehicles I have ever owned. Before I got this truck I drove a Land Rover Discovery and my wife had a Lincoln Towncar, but never again. She drives this one and leaves the Lincoln in the yard. We are planning on getting her own in the near future.

XM,OnStar and the general reliability of this truck added to the comfort and ease of driving are our favorite features

A 60-40 seat in leather with lumbar and heat would be nice. We had to get the bucket seats which are very comfortable but we like being closer together

Love my truck.
By Michael Rix

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I prefer the"old" style interior. I think the space ship interiors of the titan and f150 are what turn me back to Chevy. Totally satisfied.

Bose upgrade w/ XM radio.

Lock for rear hatch door.

Gotta Love It!
By 05Z71

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you want a real truck that can work, haul the kids, tow the boat and look good while your doing it--- This is the right pick. Just make sure you have a gas card because you will find yourself always wanting to go for a ride.

The ride quality is great and the seats fit a guy that has a couple extra pounds unlike other new trucks. (haha)

Best One
By gman

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Power of a sports car power to tow 9500lbs up Smokey mountain. Smooth as a car. Great gas mileage with v8,roomy just the best.

Power and ride, size,roomy

Don't change a thing.

Best Truck Made
By Milton Morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Fords, Dodges and a couple of different import trucks in the past, but my 2005 Chevy is the most confortable and reliable of them all. I live in a small town in Southwest Texas, in the middle of nowhere, and a dependiable vehicle is a must. With my Chevy, I have peace of mind about getting on the road, which I'm on a lot as you can tell by the milage on my truck, also after breaking my back while in the military and having four major back surguries since, the comfort is next to none. The fuel economy is, in my opinion better than Ford or Dodge. Also, down here, the OnStar feature really makes you feel secure and the XM is great.

The styling is great, inside and out, but the comfort of the seating and the user frindly controls are my favorite features and the OnStar gives me peace of mind.

A stronger rear bumper is about the only thing I would suggest.