Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Enough, I'm ready to trade for Tundra
By fish_a_lot

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I too experienced the rattly loose steering shaft. Truck developed the drive line clunk at 5000 miles. Repeat fixes helped but not solved the problem. Lately the drive axle had to be replaced. This breakdown occured while towing my boat. The Tow Mode switch also died on its own. All work was covered by warranty. I'm scared what will happen after the warranty expires with 5000 miles left to go. To that end, I'm trading it in for a new 2007 Tundra. First new vehicle bought, last Chevy I will buy.

I loved the interior spacing and comforts. Will miss it when compared to the plasticky Tundra.

Please build Chevy's more reliably or extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 5 year 60K miles.

Love my Silverado!
By LizC864

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I ever owned. We recently bought a new Honda Odyssey and I drove it for a month before giving hubby the van and taking my Silverado back. There was nothing wrong with the Honda, it's a great vehicle, but I just love my truck.

Body style and comfort. It's a truck that rides like a luxury car.

Make the long bed available for the 1500. That's my only gripe, the bed is too short and I couldn't have gotten a long bed unless I bought a 2500 or higher, which I couldn't afford or justify for my lifestyle.

Lemon, Lemon, Lemon
By jmnjr

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has no quality in this truck. Intermediate shaft changed 3 times. Gear assembly changed 5 times, power steering pump changed twice. Front end sounds like it is getting ready to fall off. Tires had to replaced at 15,000 miles due to terrible front end.

Interior is great. Bose stereo system and controls on steering wheel are great.

Front end need a total overhaul.

Chev Z71 Crew Cab 2005
By Truck Buyer

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very comfortable on long and short trips. 4X4 has gotten me through off road terrain as well as some fairly deep snow! Family feels very safe in this truck!

Like the fold-in outside rear view mirrors, temp and direction on inside rear view mirror, and engine power with good mileage for full size truck.

Need to go back to 4 wheel disc brakesand windshield wipers that pull up out of the way or glass cleaning!

My new truck
By CrewCab 4x4

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What an incredible truck. It has been up to the task at everything I given it. The interior is awesome, and the Bose sound system rocks. XM is a plus. My only complaint is the poor MPG, but considering what it is, I wasn't expecting to get econo-car mpg. The 5.3l V-8 is plenty powerful, and the trans shifts very smooth. All in all, I am very happy with it, and when the lease is up, I will probably purchase it. My only real complaint is the price. $38k for a truck is ridiculous.

Engine, crew cab, Bose stereo, looks and performance.

Price, price, price. Very pricey.