Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

11,000 Mile Rundown
By ChevyGuy

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I must say that I am extremely happy that I bought my Silverado before GM decided to make them ugly for the '06 model year. The truck is doing fantastic. It is a joy to drive and has little malfunction. The transmission seems a little unsure but functions nonetheless. The mileage is good for the L33 engine and has plenty of range with the 26gal tank. The standard bridgestone dueler tires will throw all the rocks they come across so some ruberized undercoating wouldn't be a bad idea. I highly recommend the Z71 package, it came in really handy in about 14 inches of surface slop during the '05 whitetail season. It's a great truck overall, I cannot complain.

Bose stereo, XM, Heated leather bucket seats, Z71 Package, Auto dual climate, L33 5.3L V8, Power folding mirrors, and Auto transfer case -- A MUST HAVE!

Work on the transmission, it is a little rough in the shifts and has some linkage issues. How about a driver's side lighted vanity mirror... why not???

Love my truck.
By Michael Rix

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I prefer the"old" style interior. I think the space ship interiors of the titan and f150 are what turn me back to Chevy. Totally satisfied.

Bose upgrade w/ XM radio.

Lock for rear hatch door.

A step up
By Ben

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 95 3/4 ton extended cab, 01 1/2 ton extended cab, and now a Z71 Silverado extended cab. This is by far the quitest, best riding of the three. Chevy just keeps getting better. I would enjoy a more attractive interior on the next model I purchase. I love the stereo system (Bose), but it is an option, not standard.

Quiet, smooth ride for a truck

Better interior. Only complaint I have.

Hamronic Vibration Truck
By Frank

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Chevrolet Truck since 1991, and it has given more trouble than the previous four put together. The dealer has not been able to fix any of the three major problems and Chevrolet will not take the vehicle back. The truck constantly vibrates at highway speeds, and the harmonic vibration greatly exaggerates minor bumps in the road. New tires have not made one bit of difference. Chevrolet is well aware of the problem, (calls it "BEAMING"). The truck has developed a whine in the differential, which the dealer cannot correct,(tells me it is normal) and the brakes shudder, which the dealer has tried to fix on two occasions without success. This will be my last GM vehicle ever.

Nice roomy cab.

Improve quality overall..go back to four wheel disk brakes and do something about the sloppy suspension. Toyota does not have to greatly discount their vehicles because they are perceived as quality. GM seems to be getting less quality parts from their suppliers than in the past.

My dream truck!
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted an SS ever since they unveiled the concept truck way back in 2000! I finally "took the plunge" back in July and man was it worth it!! This truck is awesome. Great performance, head-turning good looks and best of all it's a genuine Chevy (the ONLY true American car/truck company in my opinion!!). I would highly recommend springing for the optional tonneau cover for improved mpg! I also invested in a Line-X spray in bedliner right off the bat!

Vortec 6000 High Output 6.0L V8 + All- Wheel Drive + 4.10 rearend = Smiles everytime I hit the gas!!!

Autotrac 4x4 (for option 2wd when desired for better fuel economy). Factory optional supercharger! And ofcourse an optional 427 C5-R 7.0L performance engine package would have been insane! :)