Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Never had any Chevy before

Scott M, 01/31/2006
2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The best truck I have owned. A very comfortable ride even on long drives. My wife likes the ride better then her 2002 Altima, now it's always "Mind if I use the truck today?" Great power-5.3L V8. Gas Mileage is adequate for the motor size. I put a tonneau cover on, gas mileage improved about 4 mpg. Interior is a little noisy, road noise, sounds like a door or window is open a little, when they are not. Doors have a tendency to not close fully unless slammed. I put covers on the seats right away though, the cloth in a truck is going to take a beating. The color: Silver-Birch with the factory chrome wheels is awesome. Literaly bought this one off the showroom floor.

Great Ride

speedy2890, 10/14/2006
4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's a good truck. I tested out the 4wd numerous times and it has pulled me out of sticky situations. Could have more power , but I'm also used to my other truck though. No noises or anything. Pulls trailers like they're not even there. Kids fit great in the back seat. Doesn't turn on a dime though. But for the most part, I love it.

Solid Truck

RickOwens, 12/11/2006
4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Silverado is a white extended cab LS with the 4.8L V8. I drive in town, highway, use it as a hunting truck, and drive it anywhere I can. It has over 83k now. My last Silverado was sold with 245k on it and my '74 Blazer has 224k so I will be keeping this one with the rock solid Vortec for a long time. All I did to this truck was the tires.

One weird Chevy

Ryan, 12/26/2006
2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We had bought this truck as a replacement for the car we had. We live in the mountains of Colorado and had a few problems with the factory tires and ice. We changed them out for snow tires or all weather tires and have not had an issue since. The real weirdness started when cyl #1 was acting up. I was on my way back to the dealership with a full load driving across country and I was getting nearly 35MPG with a half functioning piston! The dealer stated that the piston had shattered (after much waiting for warrenty work) and was to be replaced. Since then the truck has gone back to its 21MPG and worked fine! Other than powertrain problems I haven't had any other issues and rate it high.

Like a rock

mtnman, 02/19/2007
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership experience and 40K+ of driving this truck continues to be one of if not the best vehicle I've owned. For a full size 4x4 5000lbs. truck, gas mileage is very good. Minding the speed limit will net 21 MPG on the interstate. Only one problem in ownership, bad power steering pump replaced under warranty around 10K miles. I grew up in a blue oval family and have owned different makes and models of all vehicles, foreign and domestic. As stated above I have no regrets about this truck. I would highly recommend GM products based on this ownership experience. (I wouldn't have done so just a few years ago.) Great job Chevy. Keep on making these classic bowties!