Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

SILVERTRUCK

CHEVY, 11/12/2004
4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Extended Cab Z71 in June and in Sept my Wife rolled it and it was a total loss; the truck hydroplaned on rough wet pavement, spun around and rolled in the ditch. I found that the suspension was too ridgid and that the vehicle took on a mind of her own once she took to rough road esp. if the pavement was wet. After this I decided to purchase a 2005 Crew Cab Z71 and I find this truck the very best for driving and handling,I do however find that the suspension is still more rigid than I would like and so I alwalys now carry balance weight in the box,( 300 lbs) I have found that this makes a big difference to the stability / ride of the truck especially on rough / wet roads.

First review

Marv Smith, 11/27/2004
2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Sportside good looking.I have had many trucks, Chevys, fords, jeeps and dodge. I think the assembly quality has gone way down. Mostly interior fit is bad from the side window post to the driver door trim is not good. Outside front wheel whell is 1 inch different from right side. Splash covers are not the same. Center cup holder is a pain where it is.

Ex-Car Owner 2 New Silverado Owner

Alanbear, 11/24/2004
4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because of its long history of comfort, features, reliability, and (quite frankly) the new body design. I love it! Sticker was $27,700 paid $25 before GM rebate. Good truck.

da Crew

Bluecube, 11/30/2004
4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a Chevyman. I didn't look at other trucks. Got a great deal as a result of an agreement between my employer and GM. $2500 under invoice, plus rebates, plus 1.9% financing. It drives great, lots of power, rides better than the reviews lead me to believe. I get 17.5 MPH combo driving and 20+ on the highway. Only mod is a K&N filter. Bose sound system sounds awesome and the XM puts it through the paces.

Good Truck

Jeffrey, 12/19/2004
4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Keep your foot out of it or it can get expensive fuel wise. but over all it holds up well.