Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 277 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Lil Red Truck
By jt600

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado is sporty and fun to drive. My truck had a bad rear diferential at 9000 miles however it was totally fixed good as new. I still like the truck very much after 3 years of ownership. I hunt and fish and the Silverado gets me to the country in style.

I like the body style with the sport side bed. The V-8 has plenty of power and good fuel economy better than my old 4.3. When I polish it it still turns heads!

The seat in the base model is not upolstered as well as it could be the edges are fraying. The interior could use a sportier look.

Like a rock
By mtnman

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership experience and 40K+ of driving this truck continues to be one of if not the best vehicle I've owned. For a full size 4x4 5000lbs. truck, gas mileage is very good. Minding the speed limit will net 21 MPG on the interstate. Only one problem in ownership, bad power steering pump replaced under warranty around 10K miles. I grew up in a blue oval family and have owned different makes and models of all vehicles, foreign and domestic. As stated above I have no regrets about this truck. I would highly recommend GM products based on this ownership experience. (I wouldn't have done so just a few years ago.) Great job Chevy. Keep on making these classic bowties!

Gas mileage for full size 4x4. Comfort and ride

I honestly have no complaints about the truck

One weird Chevy
By Ryan

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We had bought this truck as a replacement for the car we had. We live in the mountains of Colorado and had a few problems with the factory tires and ice. We changed them out for snow tires or all weather tires and have not had an issue since. The real weirdness started when cyl #1 was acting up. I was on my way back to the dealership with a full load driving across country and I was getting nearly 35MPG with a half functioning piston! The dealer stated that the piston had shattered (after much waiting for warrenty work) and was to be replaced. Since then the truck has gone back to its 21MPG and worked fine! Other than powertrain problems I haven't had any other issues and rate it high.

Body style. Handling while in skids. The engine is a bit small but it is a v6 so I can't complain too much there. For what we paid for it we have a good vehicle

I have a WT package. I have no room for anything in the cab other than me. If possible raise the seats up so that items can be put under the seats, I needed an additional half inch to do what I really needed with it. The limited slip also needs work, it seems to engage at random if one wheel slips.

Solid Truck
By RickOwens

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Silverado is a white extended cab LS with the 4.8L V8. I drive in town, highway, use it as a hunting truck, and drive it anywhere I can. It has over 83k now. My last Silverado was sold with 245k on it and my '74 Blazer has 224k so I will be keeping this one with the rock solid Vortec for a long time. All I did to this truck was the tires.

Solid drivetrain, smooth ride, very comfortable interior, very useable truck. Has given me nearly 4 years of trouble free service.

More ergonomic interior and better stereos.

Great Ride
By speedy2890

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's a good truck. I tested out the 4wd numerous times and it has pulled me out of sticky situations. Could have more power , but I'm also used to my other truck though. No noises or anything. Pulls trailers like they're not even there. Kids fit great in the back seat. Doesn't turn on a dime though. But for the most part, I love it.

Love the 4WD setup. It has the traction lock 4WD. Love the looks of it.

More power. Bump it up to 400 horses and we will be AOK