Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 277 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My 4.8
By gto400

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Can not say enough about this truck. Averaged 20 mpg for mix driving and 24 hwy. Disappointed that I had to trade it in for my 2006 GTO.

Halo projector headlights.(hardly ever used my brights when I installed them)

Better stock tires.

Great Truck, Best for the money!!!
By Hoosier Shaun

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

4.8 V8 is tough, just as good as the 5.3 minus the extra torque. I test drove the V6 and found it to be poor. Wish I had a back cab at times, but the tonneau cover does fine when i strap things in. Bought this truck used with 20K on it. Haven't done much to it except air and oil filters/oil. The previous owner installed performance exhaust which roars and gives extra HP. I put on 17" 2007 avalanche wheels and 265 70 R A/T tires. Put on rear air lift suspension (airbags) and have been hauling anything from dirt, rock, stone, furniture, appliances, and tow a 5250lb boat/trailer. Its a half ton but with the bags i can easily load 1750 as i have scaled it at landscape vehicle scale.

RELIABILITY!!! Takes a beating, very quick, good on gas for its rated HP/Torque, shines nice when its clean when im out on the town

I wish the truck had sliding back window and the optional fold down middle seat organizer. In winter, about 6-12 times i wish i have 4 wheel drive but found it wouldn't be worth it. I load it with salt and it does fine.

What you need.....a good basic truck!
By Coach K

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 41K miles on it. I was looking for a small truck but at the price and what shape it was in I could not pass it up. I bought this when the gas spiked up so I got it for $7,000. The V6 is a little under powered but gets you moving. I commute 30 miles everyday to work and I have gotten it to average 20, not bad. I have had zero problems with it. I would say if you need a truck for weekend work and want something comfortable, easy to drive, then a basic 1500 is what you should look for.

A/C is cold right away!!! Living in Arizona, that's important. I'm a bigger guy so shoulder and overall room is great.

To much plastic, but that's what you get from American car makers these days.

Perfect homeowner truck
By Ozzy

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new Jan 2004. At 60,0000 miles I bought the first set of tires and brakes. ]I get 15 mpg city, 18 mpg highway with 4.8 liter. ] The 4WD is great in the northeast. Truck cruises at 70mph feels like a sedan, yes, there is road noise, its a truck. Nothing replaced so far, did not have to bring it to the dealer once! If you need or want a truck, take a serious look at a GM.

4x4
By ken

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all it is a good truck. Have trouble with speedometer and tach gauges. Company does not stand behind product and will not fix. Also trouble with front 4x4, having trouble fixing, speakers don't work then they work

Power. Pulling my 25' pontoon boat. comfort. Roomy. Body design.

Use better built products to make entire product better. Stand behind what you sell to the public. That means more than buying a product itself