Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy's Are the Best
By JAGII

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great all around truck! Very smooth ride. Feels better than driving a car. Interior is comfortable. Awesome power. Everything a truck should be. A few adjustments need to be made though. Otherwise the best truck out there. I tow a boat and have a 5 point wiring hook up, this truck only has a 7 point hook-up. This requires me to buy an adapter. The rear a/c vent is a plus! I think a rear locking differential would have been better than limited slip.

Power, LT has all the fixings, drives like a luxury car! Handling and steering are excellent! Tows my boat with ease.

The LT needs a better stereo system. More storage space, maybe under the seats. Have the seat fold down on top of a storage compartment. Better towing package. Have the two typical wiring hook ups. The 7 and 5 point hook ups would be great, I have to buy a 5 to 7 adapter. Sliding rear window!

2002 Silverdado
By Steve H

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Silverado has been an outstanding truck. I just bought a 6000 LB trailer and it pulls it with ease, however rather slow on big hills and gas mileage is around 10 MPG but that was to be expected. My lease is now up and have decided to buy out the lease.

None

None

Best Buy Pickup
By shotgunbill

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a smooth riding, but capable work truck. I have hauled firewood to building materials and everything in between. It beats any other pickup in its class for fuel mileage, yet has enough power to get things done. I think GM's quality has improved a lot over the last ten years. I love the layout of the cab, and the special features. The 4.3 V6 has decent power- low end torque, cruises at the high teens of rpm at 65 mph. It handles well and brakes good. When I trade in my SUV I plan on buying a Tahoe, I hope before they restyle it. While I like the current Chevy over Ford or Dodge , I like the style of the 2002s better.

Day time ruuning lights, automatic lights when dark. Automatic volume control on the great CD radio system. An all iron engine yes, even the heads are still iron. The tow-haul package, from the botton on the shifter, to the hitch and electical plug in. I even love the little box for jump starts.

Fuel mileage, the engine oil drain dumps oil right on a crossmember - use two drain pans, and the oil filter is hard to get at.

Best Truck I Have Ever Owned
By STHORNWALL

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely the best truck I have ever owned.This is my 4th truck.I owned a 1996 Dodge Ram,1996 Chevy Cheyenne,2001 Ford F150 and now my 2002 Silverado.Its performance and sturdy reliability has turned me off to any other brand of truck. The ride is very smooth on and off road. The truck has great response to aftermarket intake, headers, and exaust. The interior looks great and is very comfortable as well as long lasting and easy to maintain. I was discouraged at the price of this truck at first because they are notably more expensive than Ford, Dodge, Toyota. But after about a week of driving I realized that “You get what you pay for”. Truck was worth every penny and more. Won't buy another brand ever

The look and drivability. The steering and handling response gives a great sense of feel/control for the road. There are tons of interior features. I have been tough on this truck. I towed a trailer with two yards of gravel plus a yard in the bed. Total 4.5 tons of hauling for 86 mi. Performed flawlessly!

The only complaints I have is the truck doesn't come standard with a sliding rear window and the extended cab seat back doesen't fold down, the seat bottom only folds up.

Nice truck but watch for flaws
By rumboogie

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 4.8L version of the
Silverado. This model suits my needs
just fine since I don't tow or haul on
a regular basis. I currently have
about 39K miles as of 10/04. The
interior of the truck is nicely put
together. The seats are comfortable
and there is plenty of leg and head
room. The stock Goodyear Wrangler STs
are sub-par to say the least. They
were bald at 33K miles. I have had no
major issues with the truck other than
a constant "ticking" noise which
started at approximately 20K miles.
I was told by GM and my dealership
that it is a common characteristic of
their new breed of engines and that
there is no harm to the engine
itself. I'm not so sure of that. . .

-Comfortable interior -Good sound system -Powerful engine -Great air conditioner

-Need to upgrade tires -Correct annoying engine "tick" noise -Offer more interior packages