Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Last chevy
By Dave

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was trouble free until the transmission gave out. Traded it in three days later, new tranny and all since I refuse to own a vehicle that requires major work with only 51,000 easy miles. I also found the handling kind of loose although that may be typical of this large a vehicle. Otherwise the truck did well.

Roomy interior, comfortable seats.

Get rid of the low-slung plastic air- deflector at the bottom of the front bumper. Twice I ripped it off after getting it caught on a curb as I backed out of a parking space. Also, beef up the window motors. They sound like they're really straining to shut the windows.

Chevy continues to make me proud.
By jeffdog9000

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After about 5 weeks I took this baby for a 1500 mi. trip. Then a few months later I hooked a heavy double axle horse trailer loaded with a refrigerator and entire churchful of people's belongings and hauled them on my bumper hitch and pulled them with my Vortec-V6 on a 600 miles round trip. I drove 80 mph with the max AC blowing full blast down the interstate. Other than oil changes every 7k miles or so I have not had to do anything to this truck. At 95,000 miles I swear the brakes or belt would need replaced, but it keeps on keep'n on. Not to mention I feel completly safe in my truck!

The classic bodystyle, the charcoal paint. Auto headlamp (night & daytime). Power with good gas mileage. My 26 gallon tank will get me almost 500 miles even though I have a lead foot.

Although smooth and quiet is good, a pick-up is supposed to sound tough. If the Rams can make theirs sound mean, why can't they make the Silverado sound like the Camaro?

My Silverado
By mike mullins

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

110% do it all truck no matter weather or conditions, small load or large, with no worries. All around truck. Comfort. Hard worker. If you want a gentle beast, why would anyone throw away their money on any other?

Make a Duramax avalailable in 1500 series trucks in all cab and bed configurations

Superior to others
By chevykid

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a black Chevy 4x4, finally got it. I love this truck. It rides great, pulls everything I ask it to, and has a ton of room. The Chevy engines are superior to the Ford and Dodge, and Toyota isn't even an option. I've got 68,000 miles and have never put a dime into it, other than routine maintenance.

Room, highway ride, looks, and the Z71 package

A great engine, but could use a little more low-end grunt

Lifelong Chevy owner - may change
By Kevin

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Average vehicle to drive. 54,000 replaced air conditioning, power window motor. 74,000 rebuilt the transmission, 107,000 rebuilt the transmission. Don't flush the transmission, drop the pan. Only had flushed twice, once at dealer, once at ASE certified. Needed a new tranny within 2 days - both times. Get the 5.3, not 4.8 - no gas savings there. A very disappointed lifelong Chevy owner. I've got a 94 Chevy 4.3L with 300K that runs better than this one.

Make bright light indicator lower in the dash display. With steering wheel tilted down, view of light indicator is obstructed by steering wheel.