Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!
By rick1733

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado in 2004.
It had 39,000 miles on it.
I was a bit nervous I was paying too much but I was betting the engine would
make my deal a sweet one.
I've got a bit over 230,00 miles on it now.
It'll be ten years ago this fall I bought it. NEVER had an issue. NOT one.
Had to have the fuel injection-stuff cleaned out at about 185k miles... that kinda sucked but I guess it comes with 'maintenance'.
Look'n for a vehicle for my twin sons. Seems every vehicle I look up, including this truck, someone has had transmission issues.
I felt compelled to write a review on my Chevy. NO ISSUES.
EVERRR!!!
God Bless this TRUCK!!!

LOW Maintenance and decent gas mileage if you drive like you care about other people on the road and your own engine, etc.

I bought without leather... without power windows... without sunroof. If you can afford that stuff... dang... you're gonna love this truck even more!!! I don't have any of the bells and whistles... and, I love this truck like it is FAMILY.

Perfect truck
By owenwrico

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great for any young teenager looking for a first truck. If you want something fun fast with good handling then this is your truck. Sure it may have a little clunk in the transmission buut eh a little issue.

The seats are comfortable the truck rides nice witht the front and rear suspensions.

If they could maybe improve the transission so no clunking.

This is the worst truck I have ever had
By Jim

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a joke as far as I am concerned. It has a terrible clunking noise when up shifting into second gear and also down shifting. The dealership has checked this out and I have a document from GM that says this is normal clunking. (Did not clunk into gear when I bought it). Tough to resell now. Also now when cold starting there is clattering going on under the hood. This goes away after a few minutes but again the dealership says this is normal clattering. HMM!! did not clatter when I bought it. I will not buy another GM truck as long as I live.

None

Stand by your product and don't come up with silly excuses when there are troubles and customer concerns.

'02 Silverado
By My green Chevy

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Silverado has been what I expected from it. It's quiet, runs well and rides well. I have not done any heavy hauling and it has not been used for towing. It has handled the heaviest loads of stones with ease. Power is a little lacking compared to others of the day. Like everyone says, interior is a joke but it has held up OK. I do like the leg room in the back. I wanted a Tundra at the time but the rear was way too cramped. MPG is OK for a truck but needs to be much better if GM wants to survive. Truck looks SO MUCH nicer than every model since 2002. GM designers need to be canned. They are really into UGLY vehicles across their entire product line.

Nice, quiet, controlled ride. Last year with good exterior styling.

Interior, stereo, original tires.

Great Truck
By kbchevy02

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this truck has a great motor. gets up and goes with very little effort. runs all over my dads 06 F-150. looks great and runs great.

Motor motor motor! styling and the roomy interior.

seat are a little hard but other than that great truck.