2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Bought a 2001 in 2013

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LS Extended Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Bought a 2001 in 2013
By sstevek on

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck as-is, needed a few minor repairs that I did myself. Replaced the radiator, ignition cylinder and heater blower motor resistor circuit. All were not very difficult, I'm not a mechanic. I'm very impressed with the way it rides. The 4.8 V8 engine seems great, smooth, quiet and plenty of power. I like the truck doesn't seem as high as Dodge Ram of the same year, makes for easier loading. It sure doesn't feel like it has 177k miles on it. It's for occasional use, based on other reports I've seen the high mileage shouldn't be a concern. I like that the truck is not over-designed, I prefer the styling of this generation over anything else.

Was asked to update the review. Don't drive the truck much, 3 years since I bought it in 9/2013 and doesn't quite have 180k miles. Once when my son borrowed it and was idling waiting in line it stalled, started back up fine. That and the emergency brake light sometimes doesn't work are the only troubles I can think of. I changed the oil/filter. Easy to do once you get under, I had to remove the driver's side running (tube?.. round not flat) to do so. Engine still runs like new.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sstevek
on 05/07/15 19:21 PM (PDT)

Update: This truck would not be started for a week or more in single digit or below temperatures. I'd then start it, the truck started like it was summertime. This past year it was used many times to transport firewood, and a large woodstove. It was probably overloaded more than once. Didn't notice any trouble at all. I am very impressed with this 2001 Silverado.