Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Z-71 best truck to buy
By kdx

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Chevrolet truck has been the best truck I have ever owned. I live in Kentucky and use my truck on and around my land, it goes great through mud and snow and has yet to fail me. In my opinion the Z-71 package is the best deal.

Locking diff. A lot of power. Great style

Better brakes. Better fuel economy.

Z71 Silverado 2001
By whofan

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is an almost perfect truck. Comfort, handsome design, and a combined mileage 17.5 MPG. Powerful precise steering, automatic transfer case. Almost perfect. The bad, cold start knock (annoying). Weak intermedate steering shaft (replaced). Known for bad fuel guage sending units (hasn`t happened yet). Nothing's perfect and the good more than offsets the bad. Best truck I ever drove. What`s bad, the bad is silly stuff GM should have got right in the first place.

Automatic 4x4, Good gas mileage for its segment. Handsome looks until 03. Very powerful, comfortable interior. Rides and drives like a car? (Kind of a dislike) I like the stance of a Dodge better but for the long haul Chevy`s car like ride is more livable.

Steering shaft, cold start knock, windshield wiper motor,fuel guage, hot/cold selecter.

So so
By the_grizz53

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck, but there are lots of drivetrain problems. Three recalls ,sqealing parking brake is the worst, two rear differentials, and three comeplete clutches, all in the first four months. Still a good truck all in all.

Stepside box , gas mileage is great (4.3, 5 spd.)

So Far So Good
By Chris

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have'nt had any problems yet knock on wood. I had to replace all 4 brake rotors and pads is all. Good luck to the rest of you.

The comfort and the handling

The cooling and heating compartment is on the floor in the middle of seat , no foot room for passenger

Great Truck
By Texas Owner

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first pickup and it is more comfortable to drive than many cars that I've owned. I have the 1500 LS with the 5.3L V8 and its performance, reliability and gas mileage for a vehicle this size is outstanding. I now have over 105,000 miles and haven't done much more than change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles! I do a lot of hunting and it has never let me down in out-of-the-way places. A great vehicle.

Interior comfort, performance, and reliability.

Quality of the interior could be better.