Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck
By 8697hopper

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with the truck. Never a single problem yet. My regret is not getting enough use of it due to job change that added 80 miles a day to my commute, after owning truck 3 years. Got 18 mpg on trip to FL in summer, fully loaded. Gets 17 mpg if take on 95 mile round trip to work. These are great numbers for ext cab 4wd with 270 HP V8. Rides as smooth and quiet as a luxury car.

Power yet economy of 4.8 L engine, comfort, value, vehicle can go anywhere and do anything.

Knew when buying it was mostly a commuter for me so I wanted a lower than 3.83 rear axle ratio, but it wasn't offered. I don't need 5500 lbs towing capacity

Good Truck
By Texas Rob

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded mine off after 180k. The only repair I made during the four years was a front spindle. Other than that the truck performed well.

Ride quality and gas mileage

Different design on the front spindles, a better seal would be great.

Tracys Truck
By Tracy

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's an awesome truck. Smooth ride, great power, great looking. Complaints for chevy clearance are numerous but I haven't experienced it yet. The only thing I don't like is the anti-lock breaks. But that goes for any car I've driven that has them. I pull a 5000# boat without problems.

Smooth ride, easy to drive and park. Easy to get kids in and out of extra cab.

Anti Lock breaks

Best Truck i've ever owned!
By James52

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent power and great gas mileage!!! Rides like a car but i'm yet to find any load it can't handle!

I've got the 2 full doors and 2 suicide doors which make this truck as usable as any sedan for loading up my friends and going out! Great backseat room and is the smoothest ride i've ever felt in a full size!

There really isn't anything i'd improve on this truck. The 5.3L V8 has great power yet has gotten me up to 19+ MPG Hwy.

Z-71 best truck to buy
By kdx

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Chevrolet truck has been the best truck I have ever owned. I live in Kentucky and use my truck on and around my land, it goes great through mud and snow and has yet to fail me. In my opinion the Z-71 package is the best deal.

Locking diff. A lot of power. Great style

Better brakes. Better fuel economy.