Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevorlet's flawed fuel sending unit
By johny onenut

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

At 37000 miles, 1000 over warranty, the fuel gauge malfunctioned on mine, and every one else's I know who bought between 1999-2002. At 70,000 my brakes wore out. At 160,000 my ABS light has came on and will proably remain on. At 110,000 dash lights started to burn out. But overall, she has been a very reliable ride. She's taken me from sea to shining sea many times, and I dread the day I have to turn her out to pasture. The 325 engine has run very, very well and she'll still getting second gear rubber. What a great engine! 165,000 miles and still no oil burning.

Strong power plant

Fuel sending unit reworked

I love MY truck!
By RSH

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have had this truck for 5 years and it still drives like a dream. I have had installed new tire, new brakes (once) and replaced the fuel pump! Other thatn that regular oil changes and tune ups, keep "Big Blue" running. I highly recommend this truck to those looking for a new ride. Once you drive a truck, you'll never go back to a car. 113,000 miles and no more car payments later - I know I won't!

Color. BLUE!! Handles like a midsize car. I can park it anywhere. Engine is very quiet.

My only wish is that it had 4 doors instead of three.

First Truck - I'd do it again
By Scotty

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Very, very reliable vehicle. Driven in snow, on beach, through woods, on the farm, and it has never let me down. Did have to have the steering rack replaced ($400) and the driveshaft needs U-joints now. Same anoying piston slap everyone complains about, but the truck is solid and does everything I expect it to.

Very smooth highway ride, especially when hauling.

The weatherstripping on the passenger door keeps coming down. I had to glue it in place myself.

Great Truck
By eamonn fountain

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is our first extended cab long bed truck and wow, drives like a Cadillac, so powerfull and smooth, we just love it. And the 8ft bed is so useful and the best MPG i've ever had in a V8 truck. 5.3 V8 has more than enough power (but i'm still gonna add some tuning goodies,lol) Interior is more like a luxury car leather, power heated seats, lumbar support, excellent driving postion. I 've been driving Chevys for years and this is the best ever. Get the LT its got every bell or whistle you'll ever need and a few you dont, but its nice to have them anyway.

Performance, Memory seats, leather,and the 3rd door really useful.

20" wheeels would improve the exterior looks, but as there are so many aftermarket ones available,this is a D.I.Y Improvement

Great Truck
By George P. Burdell

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck. Drives like a car.

Interior and body styling.