Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Me & my Chev truck
By kacollins

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck used with 111k miles. I haven't had one problem with it mechanically. The previous owner who bought it new said he never had any problems before me. This is my first Chev truck after owning 3 Ford 150's. I can honestly state even if not as "pretty" as the Ford it's reliability is excellent. Especially since I expected to spend money on a truck with 100+k. Regards,

Drink trays that flip away.

Radio search button.

Good Truck
By Mike

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had the truck a while now. Happy to report everything works well, even with 82,000 on the odometer. No broken parts, squeaks, or rattles in the interior. Ride is good, and four wheel system on Z-71 is nice. The only problem I've had is a squeak in the rear end on accelearation. I've had it looked at, and it appears to be nothing. Expect marginal mileage from the Z-71. All in all, it is a very good truck, and the last attractive front-end series from GM(as opposed to the new cat eye look).

Very roomy driver and passenger seat. Controls are easy to reach and in logical placement. Great brakes and engine. Take it all punishment (it was a farm truck).

"Piston slap" is prevalent on these models. Chevrolet does not seem to acknowledge it as a problem. Also, many complain that the front end rides three to four inches lower than the rear. This is also by design.

Good truck
By John

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Excellent in 4x4, like the push button as opposed to floor mount gear. Should come with spray in liner as option. Wish mine had air vents in back seat to force cold and hot air. Rear window defrost should be an option too. Love my truck.

Front towing hooks. Easy mounting step bars and wire harness for trailer lights and brakes

Cigarette outlets in back seat for portable devices.

Great Truck!...BUT.......
By Travis

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck overall has been a great truck except for a few things:1st the throttle body had to be replaced shortly after purchase(I know 12 others who have experienced this) the fuel gauge dances around all the time because the sending unit is bad (Lots of problems here also) (not recalled and can't pay to fix), I'm in the process of having to fix possibly the carrier bearings on drive shaft because of a roar in the rear end. Steering shaft was recalled to be lubed. Overall I have really enjoyed this truck. I have driven all over the country with it, pulled and hauled trailers and the 5.3 has been great. Fuel mileage is great for the size and power. Confortable and has been very reliable.

Size, comfort, power, gas mileage for a 4x4 is pretty good. Nice body style also.

Fuel sending unit and throttle body should have been recalled due to large # of problems. The front "A"post of cab that is beside window and holds up the roof is way too wide due to plastic and causes a large blind spot when pulling out. Raise front end up and dont slope it down because its a TRUCK!

Some flaws, but a great truck
By Mike

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it used and have 76k miles on it now. There's a slight rattle in the driver's side door occasionally. Sometimes it has a rough shift from 1st to 2nd, but that's rare. My mechanic said to replace the valve body if it became frequent. Otherwise, it's a great truck. More comfortable than any others I've owned (bucket seats), more power than I really need (5.3L V8) and a great ride for a pick-up. I don't plan on having a car payment for a long time.

Tow/haul transmission. Very reliable. Extended cab very roomy, which was the problem I had with the F-150.

GM fixed the valve body problem in 2003. ABS kicks on when it shouldn't if there's no load. Not a big deal, but it should be fixed. I'm not letting air out of my back tires.