Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

great truck
By scottd2431

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my 2000 5.3l silverado Z71 it has great get up and go great reliability it has towed a trail most of its life and the transmission lasted till 220,000 miles with hard driving on it too has 238,000 on it engine has never been rebuilt never had any issues with the engine at all amazing vehicle will never get a different truck absolutely love it hands down amazing

Electric everything heated seats I get great gas mileage I get around 20 combined very roomy

Better seat motors my passenger seat is stuck slide as far back as possible and there it no way yo move up so people can sit in the back and the drivers seat the leaning motion is broke thats about the only improve ment needed

my baby
By chevyfrank1

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

i recently just purchased a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 4x4. the truck has over 270,000 miles and is still running strong. i bought this vehicle as my first vehicle and i would trade it for anything. i pull a 22 foot trailer with it almost everyday for work and it doesn't even hesitate. i only paid 1800 for the truck and all ive done to it was a wheel bearing and a alternator. i plan on buying a lift very soon and rebuilding the motor to put a cam in it.

cruise control, A/C, power windows and locks, cd player, tilt steering, tow package, wheels, 4x4, speed,torque,dependibility

maybe a stronger transmission

2000 Silverado 1500 LT
By tjc43

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned two silverados in the pass few years. My first silverado was a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS. I enjoyed driving that truck while I owned it. I sold it due to gas mileage and being a college student. I ended up buying a civic for the excellent gas mileage. The gas mileage was nice and all but I soon realized I needed to be back in a full size truck regardless of gas mileage. I then purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado Lt edition. I quickly fell in love with the truck. It was basically identical to my LS except having a few more features.

My LT has black leather interior with heated seats and lumbar support whereas my LS had cloth interior. These features make it a very comfortable ride on long drives. Also my LT had a push button 4 wheel drive whereas my LS you had to engage yourself by hand on the floor. Both trucks had the 5.3L 327 cubic inch motor which I believe still to this day has plenty of power to get up and go. Both My LT and LS I purchased with over 100,000 miles on them. Both Trucks have been excellent reliable vehicles. This pass year I drove from northeast Ohio down to myrtle beach twice, once to orlando, once to tennessee and once to chicago. I did not have one problem each trip! I love this 12 year old truck!

A few improvements GM motors could have made on this truck are the following. These trucks are known for their rocker panels rusting out underneath the doors then soon rust will reach the doors. Another spot on the truck known to rot out first is the back wheel wells. Fortunatly, My truck was well taken care of and even though its 12 years old, the wheel wells are solid and the rockers are not rotted through yet, allthough starting to. The truck gets around 14-15miles per gallon average, but what do you expect its a full size v8 truck. If you take care of this truck it will take care of you. I have enjoyed owning two of these trucks now.

chevy runs deeeeeeeep
By chevyfrank123

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I recently bought a 2000 chevy silverado for 1800 dollars. it has 260,000 miles on it and its still running strong. i cant believe the power this truck has for the sixe of the motor and the milage. it is going to need a wheel bearing soon and possibly a fuel pump but other then that its great. i pull a 10000 pound tractor with it and it has no problems. brakes are a littly iffy but i thankfully have a brake control module for the trailer. i recently put straight pipes on the truck and added an extra leaf spring in the rear to give me a little higher ride height. i plan on doing a few more things to it too.. all in all a great truck!

pulling power, 4x4, rims, cd player, color.

1500
By playnoutdoors

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck is very comfortable to ride in on long trips. It has descend power and torque. Truck was not real reliable. Transmission went out around 100000 and i do not tow with truck.Truck could not keep tie rods on.replaced tierods and ball joint every 25-30 thousand miles and tie rod keep braking.I have never use 4wheel dr.
The milage is not good. i know its a v8 4x4 but averaging 7.5 to 9 city and 12 highway is pretty dang poor. I set the cruise on the highway between 65 and 70. i live in a town of 20,000 people so there is not a lot of stop n go traffic and the closed freeway is an hour and a half away.
i drive with a light foot and never let the truck get above 3000 rpm unless i am passing

I love the seat on lon trips and the low end power the 5.3l offers. Easy to drive and not a lot of blind spots for a full size truck.

Front end need redesigned. Should not have to replace ball joint and tierods every 25-30 thousand miles. I have never had it in 4 wheel drive. Motor is close to firewall making it extremely difficult to get two of the spark plugs out.