Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

GET YA ONE!!!
By Brian Duncan

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My Silverado was made to work! I hauled 3660 pounds of steel like it was nothing and she's only a 1/2 ton truck impressive everyone

sad to see it go.
By Dick Warner

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

first of all, it's a truck, and I dont want to get rid of it but I must---love it to death and back and it will make someone else happy too----seriously great.

4x4 Silverado 1500 LS
By Barry Weems

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Everything replaced. From all pumps, belt, hoses, all fluids, brakes shocks air on rear, tune up, top end rebuilt at 220.000. Has cap and fifth wheel for towing RV. Truck has been professionally maintained. Mechanically very sound. Couple of cosmetic issues.

Damn China beat Chevy and ruined the vehicle
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

The model numbers for their parts should all begin with g.a.r.b.a.g.e. and then an identifying number. I've become good friends with the parts store guys since owning this vehicle as I'm in there a lot and now have one of them on the texting with me on prices to save me time since I always need something. This truck is a moneymaker for the the parts market. I asked the guy at advanced auto what were the majority of their "in stock" parts are for and not surprisingly about 80% are Chevy. That should tell you something. Engine doesn't knock though to have 144,000 miles I can say even though it's loosing a quart of oil a month. Seems like every part was strategically placed so you will just pay someone else to do the work for you including basic stuff. Also have a "made in Japan" Toyota 4-runner and thank God all the time I kept it instead of trading in. Toyota is the junk and Chevy is junk! Love my Toyota. 204,000 miles and only replaced an alternator so far even though I've been neglectful of maintenance due to always maintaining my Chevy. What a sweet ride. If you can find a Toyota that's "made in Japan" then get it and never let it go if you want a dependable ride. Chevy issues: steering clanks, oil leaks, coolant leaks despite numerous repairs, power steering started leaking after water pump replacement, fuel gauge has basically never worked (trip odometer tracking of gas), doors seem like they don't close properly, water leak somewhere when it rains, trans cable went out already, I can keep going, but I'll just get depressed thinking about what Chevy was and what they aren't now. Also have a Jeep CJ7 1979 model with a "true Chevy 305 from a 69 model car" and that's another EPIC vehicle. CJ can no longer count how many miles are on it and it gives next to no problems either. Amazing the difference now. Don't buy the Chevy now unless your tired of your money and want to get rid of it. If so, but a Chevy or just donate to me so I can keep fixing mine. Thanks for reading.

Best truck I have owned
By Jake

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

It's a great truck, best one I ever owned. I bought it with 150,000 miles, and I currently have almost 201,000 miles on it. I've done routine oil changes, Still runs strong, still have everything stock, besides the alternator , brake lines. Very dependable, never broke down on me. Definatley worth the money.