Used 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Like a rock
By biggame

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I pull heavy loads of carpet with this mule every week. Bought it with 45,000 now has 120,000 on it. Love the tow haul transmission mode. Got nearly 22 miles per gallon going to Detroit. Very happy with this truck. I've had them all. This is the best by far

Tow haul tranny mode and victory red paint

None

155k and still going
By Dand\D

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Got this with 80k on it and its at 155k now. I can't find a car this comfortable. Love my captain's chair. 5.3 V8 is a great engine. I've had 2700lbs of cement bags in the back of this. I'm gonna cry when I trade her away. I figure I'm driving this for less than $2000 a year.

Great ride

Leather on sides of seats too thin (two tears)

Outstanding rating \
By paul bellitto

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I am very pleased with the performace, reliabilty, appearence. I have now 98000 miles and the gas mileage is great, and I repair most on the every day matainence such as brakes, oil change etc. I expect to get long many years from my truck in these trying years with the gas prices.

Stereo. Interior, ride performance, appearence,

A fourth door

Best Ever
By Chevrolet is Great

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ever since I got this truck it has been put through the ringer and met or exceeded my expectations (mostly exceeded). I have taken this truck offroading, drove it on the highway and nomatter where it has been it has never let me down. Gets better fuel economy than 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 6.0L with active fuel management. Has out ran people with bigger engines in races.

Great motor, great gas mileage for truck, and overall very, very good.

4th door or 3rd door on driver side but GM fixed that later on.

Tough, Dependable, Workhorse
By bwat

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased in 2005 with 90k, now over 130k. I have never had a problem beyond standard maintenance with it. Ride height and feel is just right, power is adequate, steering is a little sloppy, but it's a truck not a Porsche. I drive it daily and it sees use both as a driver and a workhorse for my construction business, I average about 15-17mpg loaded in mixed city/hwy conditions. It tows incredably well even with the 4.8L V8 and after being abused by me for two years is running better than when I purchased it.

Best looking truck available when it was new. Interior is still better looking than a lot of options out there.

Only complaint *was* weak tailgate supports. Chevy fixed with a recall last year.