Used 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Bought New in 1999

passedu, 01/17/2011

I purchased this truck new in 1999, trading in a 1997 Monte Carlo. The truck has been reliable and comfortable for over 165,000 miles. Within the last month the gear selector and mileage indicator LED failed. Repair requires replacement of the entire gauge assembly. Early on I had to have the ABS manifold replaced, under warranty. Since then, starter at 158,000, drivers window electric motor at 156,000, and I had the front end rebuilt at 159,000. I replaced the orginal rear shocks within the last two weeks (Jan 11). There was no leakage, but rear end bouce was noticeable.

Great Truck

Eric, 10/26/2010

I bought this truck with 136,000 miles and now has 207,000. The motor and transmission has never given me a problem, lots of power and hasn't seemed to have lost any. Still doesn't use oil. The only problems (replaced both front brake lines, front right side spindle, both rear rotors, one of the passenger side manifold bolts broke and caused a small exhaust leak, and had rust fixed on rear lower drivers side quarter panel). This truck has been very reliable, I drive it all over the country and still driving it all over the country, the mileage doesn't worry me at all. 5.3 extended cab, z71. Fuel mileage is 17 on highway and 12 in cities.

1999 silverado

devin, 06/05/2010

Bought my truck in 2005 with 95k on the 4.8 v8. I now have 176k and still going strong at 19 mpg hwy. Ive done everything with this truck from drag racing and towing a 24 ft ski boat on the weekends to a 78 mile commute each day for work and countless frozen hunting trips up north. It's never let me down or stranded me. Love this rig!

'99 Chevy

cb, 06/25/2007

Only regular minor problems - replaced water pump, power steering pump, master cylinder, first brake job at 130,000 miles. Only negative was broke a small plastic piece in both power window drives (regular wear and tar) and the way they are built had to replace the entire motor which was costly.

Buy a Chevy

CHEVY MAN, 09/17/2007

My Chevy Z71 has over 170,000 miles on it, and runs as strong as anything I've seen. I have the 5.3 Vortec v8, and this is such a strong and reliable motor. Not only does it have enough horses under the hood to pull my trailer and camper, but it gets the best gas mileage of any of the full- size trucks! The offroad capability is remarkable. I am an avid Offroader, and have Chevys, Dodges, and Toyotas, and Jeeps, and this Chevy is hands down, the best fullsize offroad vehicle around! Trust me, if you need a very tough, and reliable truck, buy a Chevy or GMC. They cannot be beat!

12345...16