2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 LD Review
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD model years
Which Silverado 1500 LD does Edmunds recommend?
Since the 2019 Silverado 1500 LD is a pared-down version of the previous-gen model, we recommend going with the top trim level — the LT. The LT will keep things feeling relatively modern by giving you a few basic creature comforts such as cloth upholstery and the larger touchscreen. It's also available with most of the optional extras such as heated seats, remote start and a trailer-brake controller.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Strong V8 acceleration and towing ability
- Front seats are comfortable for long drives
- Cabin is pleasingly quiet at highway speeds
- Limited engine, cab, bed and trim availability
- Ride quality isn't as smooth as that of other trucks
- Mediocre-quality cabin materials
- The LD is a limited-production version of the old Silverado 1500
- It's being sold alongside the redesigned Silverado
- Available only as a double cab in WT, Custom and LT trims
- Optional 6.2-liter V8 is no longer available
- Continuation of the third Silverado generation introduced for 2014
The 5.3-liter V8 is certainly a strong motor, and braking performance is good in this segment, but the Silverado's responsiveness and handling leave something to be desired. Competitors do it better.
Though it's not class-leading when it comes to comfort (the Ram 1500 gets that distinction), the Silverado is still a very livable truck. It's a very friendly road-trip companion but less comfortable over broken pavement.
The instrument panel, central touchscreen, and array of buttons and knobs are attractive, well-labeled and easy to use, but they look dated compared to more recently redesigned trucks in the class.
As is the case with most full-size trucks, the Silverado LD is very utilitarian even at its base trim levels. The bed has less volume than that of the redesigned Silverado.
While it's aesthetically pleasing and has a simple layout upfront, Chevrolet's MyLink system isn't our favorite. But OnStar's included Wi-Fi is a strong point. There are no accident avoidance tech features available.
Most helpful consumer reviews
LT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
My 2019 Silverado LD has been a very satisfying drive and a dependable truck. Is not as fancy as some others, but fills all my needs plus some extras. Would recommend this vehicle, to anyone wanting a solid purchase and something that will perform all truck duties with comfort.
Z71 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I have purchased this truck last fall with very low mileage and so far I am very satisfied with it. It is very reliable for my use and the fuel mileage is great and it is an awesome looking truck.
Custom 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I bought this truck brand new and it has all air bags replaced, power Brake booster and getting a 4th fuel pump replaced. Chevy knows there is issue with fuel pumps and dealer keeps putting in factory BS. took it to private shop to get replaced with other brand.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Silverado 1500 LD models:
- Rear Vision Camera
- Displays an image of the area immediately behind the Silverado in the central touchscreen. It's standard on all trims.
- Rear Park Assist
- Sounds an alert as the Silverado approaches an object behind the vehicle.
- Stability Control
- Avoids vehicle rollover by using traction control and electronic trailer sway control during cornering.