Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Impressed
By Billy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought 3 of these for '07 for work trucks. The rest of our fleet of work trucks are Nissan Frontiers, but we bought these trucks for cheaper than we could get the Nissans this year. Just under $15k each. I must say, I'm rather impressed. They get the job done for sure. I think I'd rather have a V-8 model since they get about the same gas mileage, but the 4.3 isn't all that bad. Rather comfortable inside, and I would recommened these trucks for sure. The prices really can't be beat, and you certainly get your money's worth.

Comfortable, heavy duty cloth seats. Easy to look at dash. Controls all are with-in easy reach. Drives nice. Huge bed. Rubber flooring makes cleaning a breeze. Tough looking front-end. Great bargain.

I would like too have chrome wheels and rear bumper, but for under $15k I can't complain!

So far I am happy
By larrymc911

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for 6 months and have only 3500 miles on it, but I am very happy with this purchase. Excellent drivability, handling is good, power is weak, but what do you expect with a full sized pickup with a 6 cylinder. It makes up at the gas pump as it makes 19 miles per gallon in combined city and highway. I really can't think of anything I am not happy with so far.

Comfortable to drive.

Hard to change oil filter when engine is warm. You burn your arm.

Great truck
By math1j

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck. The cabin view allows you to see in all directions better than the Ford or Dodge. I would recommend this truck.

Flex fuel. When prices of gas fluctuate, e85 stays stable.

Nice truck for the money, minor issues
By CS

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck for the money. I was looking at Tundras but couldnt beat the price with the Silverado. Not a bad truck but it does have some annoying issues. Fit and finish is poor in my opinion. I am very picky about my vehicles and do not like dash rattles and seat squeaks. I have already had the wheel flares replaced due to defective paint, the rear window has been replaced due to the defrost lines not working. It has the typical dash, seat and door rattles and squeaks. This is annoying on a brand new truck with only 10k miles on it. I wouldnt discourage anyone from buying one, but just beware that no vehicle is perfect and this one has its fair share of problems.

Style, comfort, size and V8 power. Pulls a boat or trailer with no issues.

Need to concentrate on build quality a lot more. It's a nice truck, just needs to be put together a little better.

OK Truck
By Aquila

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just so you know, I would have preferred a Tundra. But, the new Silverado was thousands cheaper than a used Toyota, plus it had the 100K mile warranty. Not a bad deal at all. Plus, it was supposed to get better mileage than the Tundra. Anyway, it's a good truck for the money.

The V8 is nice a quiet and smooth. In fact it has a great ride for a truck. Has a great load carrying capacity too, and is very comfortable for this family of 4.

Transmission clunk. It does it from second to third. It's probably not a big deal, but you would think they could get rid of it, all the other manufacturers have.