Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Beautiful truck that get's lots of looks
By Andrew Tillcock

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Burgandy Z71 Silverado for only a short time now but have driven and owned many other brands of trucks,(Ford, Dodge, Toyota) And this is by far the best. I am a big fan of the classic body style and am not a fan of the new boxy looking one.The ride is comparable to many cadillac's i have driven and yes even with the four wheel drive! I love how my new Silverado sits up high and rides like a Cadillac. I am able to acheive 20 miles to the gallon with mainly highway driving and a little city mix. Excellent for my big beauty. I have OnStar, Bose system, heated seats that feel like a massage and I love the information center. This is a serous truck and the best i've owned or driven yet

High ride, smooth ride, Onstar, heated seats, and great gas milwage! Beautiful lines, durability.

Stick with the winner the classic Silverado we all know and love!

Not what lifelong Chevy owner expected
By Texas Native

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I guess I expect more for my money but this was a total rip off. A lifelong Chevy owner & family we purchased it in January 07. Since then, constant brake squeaking, steering column moaning and now the overhead compartment broke loose! After reading all these other problems people have had, I would not recommend this truck - with the price you pay, Chevy needs to learn to make a truck that doesn't fall apart. Seriously disappointed. The dealer has done all work on it and even they tell me Chevy knows that brakes are their #1 problem. Save your money - buy something else that's not in the shop every month! With domestic junk like this, no wonder GM is having a hard time.

Dual a/c, 4x4 truck height, option for 4x4 mode.

Fix the brake problem, the steering column problem, the transmission slippage, make a vehicle that stays put together!

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Comfy ride. Dual climate controls.

The braking system. QC needs checked.

Chev1500
By Ron Burns

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle cost 36,000. With 11,250 miles and 10 months old, the best trade offer I could get was 17,900. It has been in the shop several times for a total of 22 days. Worse yet, it is a replacement because the 2006 model I had was taken back in under the Lemon Law. This one barely missed falling under the same law. Buying a Chevy truck is the absolute worst vehicle purchasing mistake I have ever made - I will NEVER buy another Chevy.

There is nothing on this truck that is any better than any other vehicle I have ever had.

Improve the overall quality and reliability of the vehicle. Also tighten up the power train so it is not always making clanking noises.

Nice truck with issues
By JB

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I like the truck. I've had the steering column replaced 3 times. I've had all 4 door speakers replaced. It has a rattle in the dash area that is hard to find. I would purchase another Chevrolet, but will go with the 2008 body style. My family has 3 other Chevy trucks with similiar problems.

Too much plastic in the dash area.