Used 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet S-10

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Tough, Beautiful, Rugged, Awesome Truck
By Montana Rancher

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 28 pickup trucks of various Brands, Types, Sizes and Configurations from 1973 untill this years 2017. My 2003 S-10 4WD ZR5 is without doubt the best vehicle of any type I've ever owned.

03 S10 ZR5
By cupcake

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck, love driving it and my leather seats are amazing. Cold AC and holds back great on mountains and hills. Good starter truck

Little red truck
By Eileen Unruh

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Water collects inside the third door due to lack of drainage holes at the bottom. This caused a problem with rust that could have been avoided with proper drainage. The transfer case failed at about 60,000 miles. Not sure why - The truck had not been ill treated.

Bang For The Buck
By Duke

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Having owned my '03 S10 4x4 I can honestly say that no compact truck can compare to it! Throttle response of the V6 is absolutely amazing, not to mention the fun factor off-road. Over the time I have fitted a cold air intake, which boosted horsepower to roughly 200, as well as a boost in mpg by about 2-3 mpg. It has seen many vehicles in the rear-view mirror when it comes to "highway cruising" and will not get boring. Not to mention, the ride quality is comparable to that of a Cadillac or Buick. It's a shame that GM discontinued it in North America. *Update. Was in a serious wreck with my s10, walked away without even a scratch on neither me, nor my friend. Still runs and drives, but sold it to another friend who really wanted it.

The Elk Hauler
By Elk Hauler

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Living in Central Montana and traveling over terrain that few people will ever experience in their life time I can attest to the durability and ruggedness of this truck.
I've been able to go places that few 4X4 vehicles of full size could ever go. I've pulled a 23' travel trailer 450 miles over the Rockies with this smaller truck and rarely went below 50mph and still got 17mpg. I shouldn't have pulled that trailer but here in Montana one can get away with some things that elsewhere you can't. The truck was up to it and then some. I love this truck! I've owned personally and in my business approx. 23 new pickups of Ford and Chevy make and this truck is without doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned. The ONLY problem I've had is with the automatic shifter into 4X4. I had to install a manual cable pull device to ingage the front wheel drive. If I could find another one of these I would buy it one the spot.