Used 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet S-10

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Not Happy
By Don

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Nothing but trouble for me. Not even 2 yrs old an have had a new exhaust put on, had oil from a transfer case drip on A/C lines. Case and lines all had to be replaced. Have had to replace both headlights. Also,the window trim is falling out of the rear window. Now the service engine soon light is on 4 days after a service. Once again back in the shop because they are not sure what it is. All this before 27,000 miles!!

I really like the look of this truck and the ground clearence. The zr2 package they offer.

Fix the third door, it rattles like crazy. Front tires to close to the wheel wells. For me an overall better built truck.

If you are not looking to spin tires!
By Satisfied

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this S-10 in May of 2005 overall is a great truck, but the flaws are it shift with a temperment some times she is happy sometimes she is mad! Really Mad!! Overall ride quailty is good on long trips and the wallet still has some cash in it after the 25MPG. If you dont mind a few MPG get the 6 - cylinder you will be glad you did! It is just more fun to drive and you dont have to ride with the hazard lights on while getting up to speed on the interstate! Overall cannot complane never been stranded or brokedown knock on wood!

LS standard automatic lights~

Little better gas mileage for those who opt for the 4-cylinder.

Great Truck for Women
By Sue Loves Black S-10

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My father worked for GM all his life, you could say that GM helped raise me. So when it came to make a choice on vehicles I had to go with a Chevy S- 10. It has been great. The AC works well, radio rocks out! The auto volume was the best invention ever made.

4x4 on the fly, Radio CD/cassette

Better gas mileage and longer bed.

Great little truck
By jpr

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, my S-10 has been great so far. The 4 cyl 2.2L is shy on horsepower, but great on mileage. I average about 26MPG., with most miles around town. I have had no problems at all, and the rig was 50% less than the comparable Toyota. I would not recommend an automatic with the 2.2L engine. Also, don't drive with the vehicle venting system on defrost if you don't have to, as you are running the compressor, and will reduce mileage by 10%, as well as power. My 5th small truck, and my favorite so far (Mazda, Toyota, Datsun in past, although the Toyota was a great rig too).

Comfortable seating, accessible dash....love the guages. MPG is very good. Fun truck to drive.

Get rid of the shift light!...use black tape!

Great little truck
By dlr

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned small trucks for 30 years, starting with Datsun, 2 Mazdas, a Toyota, and now an S-10. This truck has been great so far....everything works, it's economical (over 23mpg in town, with canopy), very comfortable (I'm 6'1", 250lbs), and fun to drive. The rig also came with more accessories as standard then any other truck I've owned. I used my GM card to discount it to $8000 cash....I have been offered more than I paid for it by my brother, who is also impressed. The last small truck I had was a '90 Toyota, which was a great little truck too, but didn't have near the amenities and cost $7000 in '90 (after much haggling with the dealer). The Mazda's scored less-so.

Guages...love 'em. Seats, great for small rig. Good visibility and stock mirrors. Engine very smooth, and most importantly to me, economical.

If you have the 2.2L Vortec, you want a manual transmission....turn the air off if you're pushing the rig or going uphill.