Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet S-10

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Good truck but not a Toyota
By FAIRLY GOOD TRUCK

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Originally bought the truck with 60K. It has been used to carry construction tools including a generator and compressors for the next 40K. The truck is a turtle when empty and a slug fully loaded! Power is pathetic, but gas mileage is good. I have not had no major problems other than the typical fuel pump go out (90k)$300 pop and the inconveniance of having to remove the bed to do so. Shock of course and an anoying oil leak from the rear main seal. Clutch has never been replaced and still strong (I only use it on firt gear). Oh yes the door bushings are junk! replaced at $15 and oil montly, the door spring is a pain to replace. No other major problems. I guess I have been lucky!

Good gas mileage with 5sp. Good styling. Good want to be truck

How about putting a real truck engine inside and not the same 2200 found in the Pontiac Sunfire!

looks good but falls apart
By johnson

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

it started out great and offroad capability is great... started to fall apart about a month after having it. had about 7000 dollars in repairs including a new engine, rear end, seals, bearings, water pump, alternator, cooler lines, oil pump lines, O2 sensor, and had a bad moisture problem that leaked water into the passenger floor mats... had lots of problems with the third door... vacuum pump went out twice.. would never get one again and couldn't wait to get rid of it!

sits high, big wheels, good fourwheeling capability, good amount of power

too many to name

Owner
By Lowbo

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Since the day I drove it off the lot I've enjoyed the ride, Sleek running always a head turner. Will never sell this truck. I utilized this truck as if it was a big hauling truck. Hauled trailers and boats with it and it keeps on running. Only problem I had with it was an Oil cooler line break 2 years ago. Other than that great set of wheels.

Standard drive. I tried an automatic and wasn't happy at all.

Wish more trucks where made like the one I own.

I love this truck
By Zack

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I have a small lawn service and this truck has never had a problem with my trailer, or any thing else, even with a load of mulch at the same time. The only problem I have had with the truck is since I am the second owner of the truck and the first was my grandfather and it was never really used in 4 wheel drive and we had to replace almost the entire system (costly)

Styling and power available.

Make the four wheel drive manual locking and get rid of the push button stuff

Dependable
By Virginian

2000 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought the truck with 5K miles on it from a young couple having their first baby. I have almost 140K on it and it has been the most depenable daily driver I have owned. I knew about the potential ball joint problems and had grease inserts put in. I replaced the shocks at 50K,not because they were bad. Light trucks tend to fish tail over gravel and wash boards and I wanted better stability. I had the rotors turned and new pads put on at 75K, and the lower balls joints replaced at 135K. At 104K I changed the plugs, plug wires, flushed the radiator, replaced the lube in the transmission and rear end. Other than normal maintenance nothing else has failed. Oh, I replaced the battery.

Reliability/dependability. I have driven it on several 16-18 hour trips and was comfortable the whole trip. I get 25 mpg commuting and 30 mpg on the long trips. For a truck that I paid $7400 for - it's earned my respect. Try buying something like this at that price today.

The original Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires were horrible with even a slight bit of moisture on the ground. I thought they would never wear out. So, at 60K I replaced them anyway with Yokohamas, and am not at all dissapointed.