Used 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

$821 - $1,742

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Trustworthy workhorse & handy

man_of_honor, 12/16/2005
2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought a 2.5L 4cyl Short Box with Automatic Transmission and Rallye Wheels new in 09-91. The S10 still delivers decent mileage, competent handling, and outstanding reliability. No engine repairs. No transmission repairs. No electrical repairs under the hood. The only parts to wear out have been the fuel pump, and consequently the dashboard fuel gauge (both replaced at 138,000 miles); the serpentine belt at 95,000 miles, and the water pump at 110,000 miles. The 4- cyl lacks punch in overdrive. But the transmission with well tuned gearing and 89 octane gas compensate nicely, provided you are willing to down-shift the automatic manually. It deserves my highest recommendation.

1991 S-10 4.3 V6 2WD

Dave, 05/05/2006
Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought it new in '91 and currently have 228K miles on it. Except for a transmission seal and some paint issues, no other repairs until 130K miles. Engine was rebuilt at 155K and has been running strong since. I've changed oil every 3K miles since purchase. It's been stolen twice in the last 3 years and keeps finding its way back home. If it wasn't for the 'peel-and-steal' steering column I would continue to drive it to work every day. Wanted 4WD but glad I didn't get it now as some people have reported issues over the years with drivetrain. It's been a pleasure to drive and I've had some heavy loads in it in the last two years.

1991 S10 SB

falconbrother, 01/12/2004
2dr Regular Cab SB

This little truck has been only fairly reliable. However, it's a decent little work horse for the size. The 2.5 engine is noisy, but good on gas. My little truck has hauled everything from motorcycles to entertainment centers. When one considers the cost to own this truck with how useful it is the only conclusion is that it's a great little truck.

My Chevrolet Truck S-10

Joe Sarazen, 12/20/2002
Baja 2dr Maxi-Cab 4WD SB

I bought this vehicle used. It served me for four years, but now I would like to turn it in for a new model.

Decent 2nd car/beater

Steve C, 05/16/2016
2dr Maxi-Cab SB

Front end brakes/wheel hub. I bought this truck from a friend at about 125,000 miles back in 2009 for $1200. It's been a decent little truck. I do have the V6 4.3L engine. Best feature about this vehicle. Something about the front end, driver's side hub/wheel bearings...spindle etc...on my third one. One of the worst features is the electronic dash instrumentation. Lights going out, shorting out, blinking on and off...possessed like. If you're mechanical, have a place to work on it, and would be a 'truck' back-up vehicle this is a good little truck.