Used 2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Prizm is a Great Value
By Virgoman0

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Prizm in Nov of 2001. I really have enjoyed this car a lot. It has given me excellent fuel economy and the handling has been very good. I have had no mechanical problems of any kind. As far a dependable transportation goes this car is it. Period!!

CD system, great stereo.

A little more leg room for the driver

Great Deal
By kansasdriver

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no trouble with this car. It was a one-owner lease, bought by the dealer for sale. The price was quite competitive. We are very pleased with all aspects of the car.

Reliability, gas mileage, performance

Look for one with standard ABS and side airbags for safety, and fold-down rear seats for more trunk capacity.

Good Car
By oceansunset79

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for only $2,600 at a reputable local dealership. It's not new, the check engine light is on, but it runs/drives good. However, it seems to be getting poor gas mileage, and I still have to figure out why (has gone through almost 1/2 a tank of gas while only having gone 130 miles). I do mostly highway driving so this was quite surprising as I was expecting the rated 30 MPG city/40 MPG hwy as it has the 4-speed auto. I was impressed with the near-perfect reliability rating from consumer reports for this year/model. The only problem I've had besides fuel economy is that when the A/C is running the engine sometimes idles erratically, not sure why.

Even with 215,000 miles ALL of the options- power windows, power locks, factory CD/speakers, cruise, A/C, Int. Wipers, Keyless Entry all work great.

Gauges not lighted adequately for night driving (maybe a few dash lights burned out?), 4-speed auto tranny shifts fairly rough, may be due to the high miles (tranny fluid is perfect color/smell though). Not able to find the spark plugs/wires/PCV Valve/fuel filter- not an easy car to work on.

Great Value
By currycook

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for reliability and fuel economy. We have had no problems with it and have only changed the oil on a regular basis. It's not a fancy car but for pure value its a great great car.

I really enjoy the five speed.

To be able to see some controls better.

Very good first car
By cjeanine

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for about a year, and it was my first car. and I think for it being my first, I did pretty darn good. It's good on gas, and very easy to drive. The headlights turn themselves on at night, then off when the car is turned off, so I never have to worry about forgetting and leaving them on. The only annoying thing I can think of is that it doesn't always accelerate as fast as I want it to. Overall, a great, cheap, reliable car.

Automatic headlights