Used 2001 Chevrolet Prizm Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Prizm

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Need more pep? Clean MAF sensor
By fornido

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great reliable car, however I noticed some hesitation and loss of hp, so I did some research, and after replacing the air filter and cleaning the Mass Airflow sensor with electronic cleaner, I noticed an increase of pickup. I have 122,000 miles on it, so I guess after all that buildup, it slowed it down.

My little car
By rachel

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my prizm in 06 when it was 5 years old. It runs like a champ! The only time it's in the shop is for an oil change or new tires. The only parts giving out are minor and probably due to age. The plastic trim around the windows has become brittle, the door handles on the drivers side have both snapped, cruise control has stopped working and the drivers side window motors have worn out. Low and medium air conditioner are out, but it still cranks cold on high and the heater works great. I've been teasing with the idea of a new car because of the great deals available, but my little car is still driving great and I'm not ready to give it up! I think I'll invest in it instead!

I like the body style, it still doesn't look old. Mine's dark green and the paint is still awesome!

Needs better hardware (like door handles).

Great vehicle all around!!!
By Ralph

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well its my second one the first Prizm I owned I bought in 97 with 102K miles I finally passed it on to my kid brother in 03 with 230k miles and its still driving today. My 01 Prizm has 255k miles on it and still runs like new, these cars are amazing they don't look like much but they are great. The thing I love the most is with $20 bucks of gas you can run around town all week. They have great power and acceleration,no timing belt, however oil is very important to these cars!

Power, reliability, gas mileage.

Interior, cosmetics,

Not so good.
By jc0187

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, bought this car from my father. I have replaced the O2 sensors. The cadalitic converter is going out, and the a/c no longer works. The back passenger window does not work. I do not like the interior-very uncomfortable.

Ok, I would have to say gas mileage.

Hmm, I would say better quality components would make this car a keeper.

Mom's Car
By JO

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Prizm in 2002 with 33,000 on it. Engine light came on once while under warranty. Regular maintenance. Other than some new tires and a couple of brake jobs, no great expense (knock on wood). I drive 22 round trip to work and have driven to DC and back to MA twice a year for past four years. Handles great on the highway and off. Great car.

Trunk big enough to haul a college student's stuff. Comfortable. Love map lights on rearview mirror.

Need more leg room in back seat.