Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

2006 Monte Carlo SS
By Chris Paffett

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven the front wheel drive 2006 SS for a year now and been happy for chosing it over the other 300 hp 2 door sedans available. Although, not the most refined road manners compared to Swedish sedans I've owned, it delivers 26 mpg on sustained highway trips. It is roomier, lighter and faster than it looks. City mileage is 18 mpg at best, not to mention it should only be fueled with 93 octane. The Goodyears Eagles are a bit noisy between 45-60 mph, but grab very well at high speed manuvering. Not as refined as say the Infiniti GX35 coupe nevertheless I'll take the roomier cabin over flashy interior. Torque steer is noticable when you hard throttle at low speeds, but managable.

Hands free OnStar telephone, XM radio, cargo net in trunk.

Seat back control arm is not continous. A window defroster that does not rely on AC.

Fun to Drive
By DJL100

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this Monte Carlo 3LT with the 3.9L engine for 3 months. It is a fun car to drive and looks fantastic!

Dual zone climate control, remote start

Cup holder position awkward, wind noise from passenger side of windshield, original tires are horrible -- replaced them with Goodyear Assurance COmfortred (excellent tire!)

Really Pushing The Limit
By Iceman

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

First, I owned 2 Tbirds and the "interior" guy should shut it. Its a lot more like the old Tbirds than most people would think, just front wheel drive. I have thrown this car around corners, ran 15s in the quarter, and have squashed a lot of the competition. I use to be a Ford guy, and kinda still am at heart. I miss my Tbird very much, but this car is the closest thing to a big 2 door coupe that has is close to my old bird. I honestly think that if the car was a little lighter, it would be even faster, but for a stock car runnin a V-6 engine, I am incredibly empressed, I just wish it were rear wheel drive. It has performance, handling, great looks, and an awesome ride. I love it!

The big two doors baby! Most cars these days that are 2 door coupes, dont have them big wing doors. I love the long low body and the aerodynamics, and the overall looks of the car. It's an awesome car and I am proud to own it.

I would have made this car a rear wheel drive with a better air intake system. When coming off the line, she absolutely loves to break loose and spin the tires. Who wants traction control! Have some fun!!! I think if it had a better air flow system, it would have more power and better economy.

Love Da Monte!
By G. Ruckdeschel

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you like power, style and turning heads on the road, this is your car. I have the laser blue metalic with the silvertone and on a clear sunny day I get countless compliments on my car. 303 horses gives you the power when needed, but the ride is smooth.

Double chromed pipes and Nascar look.

Smaller doors. They are kind of long and you have to be careful especially when you have passengers of them opening too wide and into a curb or another vehicle.

Coolness Of My '06 Monte LTZ
By RJ

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say about such a great car that hasn't already been said? It's fun to drive. It turns heads. Not 100% sure about the performance as of yet cause I've not tried it. I also own a 1986 LS Monte I've had for pretty much 10 years and part of the reason I wanted an '06 is cause my two Montes are 20 years apart. So far I've cleaned the car like 200 times and it sets inside under a new car cover most the time. Since I got it, I think I've put 1200 miles on it? I like cleaning the car.

The dash cluster. Leather heated seats.The 8 speaker, 6 disk CD sterio equipment. Fold down rear seat. Lots of trunk space. Anti-lock brakes. Stand up rear spoiler. The 3.9 under the hood. The accessory door sill covers and exhaust tips I installed, look great.

The door panels could have been of better quality. And the dash lay out. Why isn't there a metal overlay on the pass side of the dash like the driver side has?