Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Great American Car
By Russ

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car, I would buy another in a heartbeat. The power of the 3.4L V-6 is great and it still gets great gas mileage. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet, like a luxury car. The interior is very comfortable and has held up well. The trunk is larger than any other car I have ever seen.

Gas mileage (30+ highway on a full size car!) Made vacation cheap with 33 mpg and a roomy trunk that could carry everything we needed! Excellent power from the base engine.

It is somewhat hard to get out of the back seat.

Tony Stewart SS is a keeper
By Bob Hendrichs

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Tony Stewart 2005 SS a year and a half ago. I have had several people offer me more than I paid for it. This car is a keeper. If you have one hang on to it. It will be a collectable. What a sweet ride.

Everything

None

Tony Stewart SS
By Bob Carter

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tony Stewart SS model and have had it for about a year. I have had no problems. This car is a real head turner. Don't buy anything but an SS--this baby will get out and go

Style

None

Awesome
By LAURA

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Monte for 2 weeks. I love it, love it, love it. Where are the handling problems I have read about? It handles like a dream. No abs is fine with me, I want the control. As far as hydroplaning, not once have I experienced that. This car is peppy, and I finally found a car that agrees with me and my pickiness.

Exterior and interior, awesome. It looks "bad" even when it sits still. Interior is roomy, and I have plush interior. Very comfortable.

None that I can think of. Keep up the good work Chevy. This car is awesome!

Great Road Car
By wyocolo

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've put 18k miles on my Monte in seven months and it has been the best car I've owned. I bought it because I needed good gas mileage and after all the incentives and rebates last summer, loaded it was cheaper than a fairly stripped Civic. Every day I drive 70 miles round trip and I average 28MPG which I think is great considering I live at 9300' altitude and work at 5000' so its either going up hill in passing gear or down all the time. I have had no problems or repairs and its a very comfortable car to drive. If your concerned about its ability to handle snow and ice, get the traction control option and as long as the front end doesn't start plowing snow you will be fine.

Traction Control Sunroof XM & sound system Steering Wheel Controls Comfortable ride gas mileage

Low ground clearence on the front end. Front seatbelts obstruct entry to rear seats.