Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Lemone'
By Tyler

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car less than 6 months and had a tie rod end go out, the shifter break, the lights will occasionally turn off and then back on - on a dark night, the tranny will go to a 'super stall mode' on occasion, CV axle go bad. There is a lot of road and door-side noise (from poor manufacturing - sealing). Other than that... it gets approximately 28 MPG AVG. The motor has a little bit of spunk to it, and a high end speed is very comfortable, and you don't feel like your losing control of the vehicle. 60-85 feels relatively the same, 85 - top some extra noise, but very controllable. Brakes are very responsive. Any speed over 60 MPH, and gas mileage drops dramatically though.

Simple, responsive, good avg. mileage. Very nice exterior, esp. rear. Car learns how you drive. If easy, you wont feel it shift. Very smooth. If hot rodding... You will feel it like a good stall converter.

Needs more aggressive grille. Wish it wasn't made in China (Sigh...). The design is very nice. But, the quality of parts is downright insulting to an American, down to the level of an import. I would expect this workmanship from a Nissan. Not a Chevy!

Great all around car
By nutsovernascar

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car almost 2 1/2 years ago and I am sorry the lease is almost up.The car runs and handles great.The fuel milage is incredible(30 highway and 24 local driving).That is at regular driving conditions not babying the car.I am very upset that Chevy will not be producing the Monte Carlo in 2008.

Comfortable interior, great sound system, great handling

Chevy needs to put sensors on the brake pads.The brake job cost me a small fortune since I did not know the rotors were being gouged by the worn pads

I am surprised
By Hurricane Carrie

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been surprised by this car. I had no idea this car was so outstanding in gas mileage and performance. I am very pleased with this vehicle. I traded vehicles approximately once a year until I found this one.

I get 36 to 44 mpg with cruise control.

A great car at a great price.
By BigCL

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Monte Carlo for about 9 months now. So far it's been a great car. There aren't too many coupes that seat a person over 6ft very well. The Monte Carlo has plenty of headroom and leg room and. Power from the 3.4L is decent. Capable of passing on the highway without a struggle. The interior is quiet, with very little engine noise(in fact sometimes its hard to tell weather or not the car started when you turn the ignition), and I have yet to hear any wind noise even at highway speed. I would reccomend this vechilce to anyone looking for a 2dr coupe at an affordable price.

The thing that I like most about the Monte Carlo has to be the styling inside and out. The exterior is unlike anything else on the road which to me is refreshing. Like others have said it looks like it is moving even at a stand still. The interior much like the exterior looks like no other car.

My biggest gripe would have to be with some of the fit and finish on the interior of the car. Although the interior looks good some of the interior trim pieces and knobs feel kind of flimsy and cheap(although nothing has broken yet. I would also suggest that Chevy make side impact airbags standard.

Awesome car, happy Gramma!
By LAURA

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have always enjoyed the three previous Chevys I owned. (Chevelle, Malibu Classic, Monte Carlo. I purchased my current Monte Carlo last February 05, 2006. Plenty of room in back, as I use a wheelchair, and I am able to put it behind the passenger side front bucketseat. I have no problems with that process. Long live the two door mid-size Monte!

The assist handle above the pass. door is wonderful. Gas mileage, I was impressed on average, 20 mpg, highway was more. Decent cd sound. The sprayer on the wipers was intelligent. Running lites for day, good idea. I could go on, but I will always love my Monte Carlo LS....

Bring back the deep burgandy color. I love that. Mine is considered burgandy. The exterior, even when it is standing still, looks like it is still moving. Great body style, and hope the powers that be keep this style going for a long while. It is very easy on the eyes. The sporty look, awesome.