Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

My Baby
By Barnzy

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Leased my LT (3.8) new in Feb 05 and bought it when the lease expired. I now have 41K on the odometer and the car looks, and drives every bit as good as it did when I first got it. A smooth, quite ride; and exceptional acceleration and steering response. Fuel consumption was disappointing at first, but improved considerably after about 20K. I now average 24 mpg in town, and 30 on the highway. I consider this exceptional for a 3.8 engine and a car this size. This style Monte Carlo is sure to become a classic, and I hope to keep mine for many years to come.

Space behind the console to rest your right foot when driving in cruise control mode.

Too late now, but I wish the front passenger seat had six-way power like the driver's seat does.

Not pleased with this one
By Got a lemon

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I'm not very pleased with my 2005 Monte Carlo. I would love to get rid of it, but it has not held its resale value and I owe too much on it. I have owned it for 3 years and it has been in the shop and been worked on 7 times. The belts an pulleys keep breaking. The steering shaft has also went out on it. I work from home and do not drive it everyday and it has been well maintained it only has 28,000 miles on it for a 3 year old car. My dash is also coming apart. I will not buy another one and I will be getting rid of this one as soon as possible.

I do like all the extra features as far as the heated seats, built in phone and garage door openers.

Chevy needs to upgrade their interior, the inside of this car is cheap made.

2005 Monte Carlo LT
By keaporsch1

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have extremely enjoyed my Monte Carlo. It is powerful, reliable, durable, and stylish. It handles awesome in snow and ice. So far, the most expensive repair has been a replacement instrument cluster. Ive had nothing but good times with my Monte. I plan on keeping it forever.

Sport appearance package, dual exhaust, fog lamps, heated seats, radio control on steering wheel.

More color options-if Chevrolet brings the Monte back into production

2005 Monte
By sd74oklahoma

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Blue Ribbon treated me great! The car runs great- of course I take good care of her with regular oil changes and such... Minimal issues all expected with running a car. Very happy.

I love the exterior and get lots of comments on it. It is comforatble- the back seats are big. The trunk is huge!

I wish I had all the extras that came with these cars. They look great with the sun roof, leather interior, and spoiler.

Dissapointment
By stup62

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car since July, 2005. Am very disappointed with Chevy. So much so, I am switching brands. I have had Chevys all my life, but never owned a piece of junk like this car. Have had the battery replaced, the power steering pump and belt replaced the steering shaft replaced, (now needs it again), the drivers side seatbelt replaced. Replaced the junk goodyear tires at 24,000 miles, were wore down to the tread bars. Not happy with this car. Wouldn't recommend Chevy to anybody.

Exterior looks

Improve how you produce a car, take pride in what you make